Choosing the right Colleges, what are the best ways to find them?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Chrisj0401, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now one of my choices in a community college is based on my area the college is the most used (most popular, most students, for community college). And one of the off-stie campuses is only 10min's away! So, saving me a lot of time, energy, and money for going to this college. I did also research via wikipedia on the college and their own website, most students get financial aid.

Community College isn’t my problem, but picking the right school afterwards for a 4 year University College. I did eliminate a large number of universities from my list that’s in my local area (30-40min traveling time). I eliminated the ones that had any religious affiliations. I came out having 2 schools left. One is expensive private, and the other is public I think seems to have a better cheaper tuition. I want to go to the private expensive one since it's rated the best in the area, has a lot of diversity, large student body, a lot of clubs (even though I doubt I'd have time to go to them), and I think has a higher quality of education. The cost was crazy when I saw it, over $26,000 (not sure if its per year or semester based on what they've mentioned on their site).

My plan is to go for the expensive one if I could get at least 80% of the total costs paid by grants and scholarships, I'll use loans to pay the rest 20% if necessary. I never knew anything but Law/Med school-education would cost nearly $100,000 for a quality education.

Is this the right game plan?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry I'm not sure if I understand. Are you trying to chose a college now, for after you finish Community College? How long will it be till you finish Community College?

3. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2 years, more or less. And I think I need to know which University I'm going before I start Community College for I can achieve the University requirements, such as having certain courses or ect.

4. shuggans

shuggans
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it depends on the University. You would have to contact the University's you want to go to for more information.

5. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well i went to their sites and has a list of majors/minor on there. They didnt have any Marketing/Advertising degree programs.

6. shubh

shubh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many students enter college as “undecided,” and that's fine, but if you have some idea of a career or a major, that information can help in finding colleges that offer (and even specialize) in that field. Develop a list of criteria you want to use to evaluate and weed out colleges. Do you want to live close to home, or far away? Do you want a large university or a small college? What about costs?

7. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on your budget and location matters. Reputable universities are expensive but the quality of education is great.

8. kbrown

kbrown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have no where mentioned the major that you would like to study. That can also be one weighing factor when you zero in on any of your choices. Don’t just forget to verify the accreditation of the college you are considering to attend. My prior experience makes me say that attending a private college is worth the cost. The college degree program that I attended at CCSD provided me with quality education and other benefits like career plan, employment assistance etc. Financial aid, grants and scholarships are always there to take care of the monetary roadblocks. Go ahead with your decision and I am sure you won’t regret it.

9. gloriacollins

gloriacollins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Choosing the best college is not an easy task, it’s also an important action in your entire life span. The college with distinction will certainly influence on your career, no matter which study section you are into. Nowadays there are thousands of colleges with many branches of study.
    You should begin investigating colleges when you are approaching the end of high school. Before deciding what college is right for you there are numerous factors to think. There are hundreds of colleges to choose from, as each with their own specialized programs of study, like medicine or painting, accounting or physical education.When you are choosing a college, location is also a significant factor to consider. Think about how far away you would like to be from where you grew up or how close. Consider local and regional schools, if you want your college to be within a day’s drive of home. You might consider studying abroad or schools in far away states, if you are looking for a cross-country adventure. When you are choosing a college location, remember that you should consider both your career goals and personal your climate preferences. Here is blog on how to Find the Best College for Your Area. Hope this may help..:)

10. philipsteele

philipsteele
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yea you are right...choosing a best college is always very challenging task..because it will affect the students future also...so, i think it is suitable that first need to make a better research and pick some best colleges..and after that try to visit each colleges and know about there situations and campus environments, scholar ship availability etc..i was done my college selection on that ways..and also i had to write a admission dissertation for the topic dissertation on reading comprehension..so i have given that task to some online writing services...

11. ernestcuellar

ernestcuellar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting admission in good reputed college will definitely help you in your future career. In college you have to face lost of writing tasks such as essay writings. There are so many essay writing services exits online, including good and bad ones.

12. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to consider what you really want in an education while thinking about college. A professional education prepares to for a specific job and includes areas such as engineering, IT, medical etc. Some colleges may have strong programs for those who are interested in sciences but might not be right for someone interested in literature. Universities are stronger in one area and weaker in other, so decide it early that what you want to do and check out how strong the programs and professors are in various fields that you are going to select. If you want a major in specialized field, which isn't so common, you'll have to consider larger university.

13. alexllever

alexllever
    uix_expand uix_collapse

figure out what u really wanna do for your life. select the ones which are major in the topics.

14. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting Admission In good college is good for the career. But Find the good college n get in admission in that college things not just ended... It's all depend on what area r you looking for it.. According your interested Subject is very important... You want to get admission in it. than you also looking for his comfort level.. Traveling is the most n big thing to select the college or not? After that budget? Budget is the most element for any student to get in admission....Some time our university also doing help to get admission in best colleges.. End of the day it's all depends on the criteria Student criteria.....

15. yourokcproperty

yourokcproperty
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

You have no where mentioned the major that you would like to study. That can also be one weighing factor when you zero in on any of your choices.

16. Lillian Speed

Lillian Speed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yup indeed college should be made on the choice of how far or near are they and how good is there studies.Buy Cheap Dissertation UK

17. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to decide first on what you want to go for college. Afterwards, you find a university which specialized on what course you will take.

18. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Our family is investing in the education of the children. My parents were apartment dwellers, that means we live below the middle class bracket. But my parents sent me to a good school, a Catholic school actually, which got me a good standing in the business community. I was able to get a job in a bank and that I can consider myself successful in my chosen career. And I was able to be here only because of the education I got from a good school.