Check my new business idea!

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by bistone, Aug 6, 2010.

1. bistone

bistone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm doing business about stones materials wholesale.Recently,we had a new idea after reference to some other products made by abroad.

Here is our new idea:The natural partner for any drink——Whiskey Stones

Do you guys think it's a good idea to develop my business?

For more information,you can check my blog here
    http://blog.bistones.com/post/Whiskey-Stones.aspx

There are pics on it.Any comments are welcomed.I'm not advertising it,I just need more advice about it.Hope you can do me this favor.

Much thanks in advance.

2. Shole

Shole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hm... i dunno this is the first time i hear about such things :)

3. bistone

bistone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your reply.

Have you checked my blog for the Whiskey Stones?What do you think of them?Any advice is welcomed.

4. Shotgun

Shotgun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never seen anything like that before, but I have to admit, they look pretty cool. I'm sure my mom would buy them. :)

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a few questions.

Have you checked that the granite stones you intend using don't contain any kind of water soluble toxins? How do you make them exactly?

I'm curious about sterilization and such like. How do they get cleaned? I'd not like to drink something with ice in it that had been in someone else's glass the day before.

I wouldn't buy them. It's too easy to choke on a piece of ice in a drink. I know I've done it a time or two when I was talking and drinking at the same time LOL, but at least the ice would melt away if you did. They do look cool though. :)

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's an exciting and innovative idea, plus the way you package them looks great, very sophisticated and attractive. Definitely something that would be worth researching and exploring further, in my opinion.

I'd share Kay's concerns re safety and cleanliness and I feel that this is something you would need to strongly communicate to your customers. How do you plan on getting the message across to your customers, that the product is safe and clean to use? It's a product I'd like to have at home. It would be a lot less messy in the freezer and it would be something different and cool to serve to guests.

Would bar staff need any training on how to use the product?

There has been a noticeable trend in bars serving beer ice cold, you've may have seen the bar taps and pipes covered in ice, similar to this one. I wonder how that will impact on your product, or if bars will start serving spirits from the fridge?

Personally I like the way ice slowly dilutes a drink, but I know that not everyone is like that and there are people who like their whiskey neat. I also like the way you spell whiskey with an "e", you know where the good stuff comes from, isn't that right Kay? :)

7. bistone

bistone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm much appreciated your questions about my business idea!

Here come my answers to your questions.

1.We are used to putting ice cubes in wine too.But granite cubes have more merits than ice cubes.They won't dilute the flavors when they cool down drinks.In addition,stones can be heated,the highest temperature can be 200 degrees and the lowest can be -20 degrees.A glass of wine only needs a stone cube to get heated or refrigerated instantaneously.Isn't that cool?Temperatures of stone cubes can be stochastically set according to needs of different drinks,these are impossible for ice cubes.Think about the difference below:there is one granite cube in a glass of wine,but there are some ice cubes in one.:cool:

2.We can totally understand your consideration about the security of the granite cubes.But I'd like to tell you that the granite we use in drinks are no pollution and we have pass the European standard: EN71 Part 3, Foodgrade, Radiation, REACH SVHC. Certification,so please be assured to use them.Meanwhile,our employees have tried them before we put them to sell.:)

3.About the choke problem,all we can do is to put labels about this serious hidden danger in the instructions.Thank Kay's remind.But attention this,each granite cube is approximately 2cm to 2.5cm.It's not easy for everyone to swallow like ice cube when he's boozing.

4.Everything is worth trying.Imagine that our granite cube is one diamond in your glass(not just an ice cube),your heart will love it.lol:D

Hope you like my answers.Any advice is welcomed.

#7 bistone, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like you have it well thought out bistone. I never heard of anyone putting ice in wine, but I have heard of people warming red wine a little, to improve the taste, so that's an interesting one.

Are the stones available to purchase yet? Where can I get more details on them?

9. Shole

Shole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice idea i now get it what the cubes are used for lol .
    Well i guess it will be a success if you continue this and if people really enjoy drinking with those cubes.

10. bistone

bistone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are interested in this Whiskey Stones and wanna buy them.You can visit the blog I,there's a link to a detailed page about the Whiskey Stones.

I don't know if I put my link of the stones,anyone will think that I'm advertising.That's definitely not my purpose.If you really wanna purchase it,I can send you messages and show my site to you.What do you think?

lol,success is not so easy.What I should do is to stick on to this new idea.Then find some business opportunities about it.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How much do the whiskey stones cost bistone?

12. jamesfranco

jamesfranco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friend

Treidr is a free classifieds website where you post or search classified ads with photos in categories like jobs, personals, real estate, pets, cars and much more.

13. catpig

catpig
    uix_expand uix_collapse

brilliant!

But is it safe enough to put into our drink?

14. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice

hay there
    its really a nice
    kind of thing
    that one feels like drinking a
    stone with the beer or some other drink
    any ways nice to see stone beer

15. bistone

bistone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yup.We had made test of them.You can check our certificate.And our employees had tried them themselves.Safe enough.Hope you like them.;)

16. bistone

bistone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whiskey Stones can be put in any drink that you like.They won't dilute flavors.You don't need to worry that you are drinking with stones.They just help chill the drinks,not dilute them.:)

17. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always nice to use for chilling drinks :) wont do much if anything to dilute.

18. Daniela2010520

Daniela2010520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WoW ! Pretty cool !! Really.

I do stone business too,antique naturel stone,different from yours.

Anyway, nice to know you .

19. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

very nice. any specific kind?

20. FunPromo

FunPromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a great idea I particularly enjoyed learning about it. You do have a great potential market.