Cheapest way to transport 30kg of items containing liquid from China to India ?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by samuelgeorge91, Jun 24, 2012.

1. samuelgeorge91

samuelgeorge91
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to know the cheapest way to transport 30kg of items containing liquid from China to India. My manufacturer quotes a cost of 444$ or so. The lowest I got after bargaining is for 350$. That is more than the cost of the product itself as a whole. We are a startup company and really don't know the way around this. Time is not a constraint because we intend to stock the product. Please do suggest a solution to this. I did a lot of searching and still couldn't find a better offer

2. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The prices on transportation have gone up the latest years. The price seems reasonable for me. The cheapest way to transport things is almost always buy boat. You could compare fees by ask an export company what they would charge you, if you can't arrange the transport buy yourself.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As i know shipping by sea is always the cheapest compare to other shipping method. I not very sure about the shipping fee to india because i'm not from india. You can ask http://www.le-feng.com/English/ for the quotation

4. samuelgeorge91

samuelgeorge91
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Suggest any other cheap shipping company ?

Thanks
    Samuel

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the shipper request details to give you the quotation, and freaky speaking liquid shipping is more expensive because it is considered as sensitive goods. By the way, $350 mentioned is in USD or what?

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just a question, what kind of liquid are you trying to transport? There are actually certain rules when it comes to transporting such goods. Is it a dangerous good?

7. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, Mark T is right... what kind of chemical you wish to transport. Importation duties also vary depend on the value of good you are trying to ship. If you say your shipping expense will be more expensive than the cost of the product, i presume you are exporting raw materials that are subject for further process. The best thing to do is let you client shoulder the shipping cost.

8. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I vote to drive the car rather than ship it as too many shipping companies are hit or miss as to having good service, meaning they get the car to you in a timely manner. One time i had a car of mine shipped, it took several phone calls just to find out that the car wasn't even picked up in a timely manner, and the parent company had no way of tracking the car. it also took more than 3 weeks as opposed to the original 7 days they promised.