Cheap business adverstising tools

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by houstonVijai, Jun 17, 2010.

1. houstonVijai

houstonVijai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many entreprenuers and small business owners will agree with me, just starting a business is not a big deal. But how to market and advertise to get clients is real issue.

I been ordering my advertising tools like car magnets, posters, flyers, rubber stamps and so from from Vistaprint for real cheap deals. THey run free deals every month and you can select and just pay shipping charge.

For example, I recently ordered a Tshirt, cap, Car Magnet large and small and Rubber stamp for just $9.15(picking slow delivery 21days). Can you imagine the cost of each of them? Thats damn good deal. I would recommend taking advantage of free offers like these and save some bucks.

Do you have any cheap business tools you can share us?:)

2. suzib

suzib
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That does seem like a bargain - how they make those things and then post them for such a low amount is amazing! Can you let us know where you found those deals?

3. Phoenix Battery

Phoenix Battery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think these advertise methods is cheap, but how to measures it really works?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could try out one of the methods without changing anything else, you have been doing to promote your site. Then have a look at your analytics / website stats and see what impact the promotion had on your traffic. It's not an exact science but it should give you a strong indication as to whether or not the promotion is working for you.

5. whitney01

whitney01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it really works?

Anyone here who tried already the promo?

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

whitney01 those promotional methods definitely work for some businesses, but not for all businesses. If you'd like some suggestions on promotional methods for a specific business, please feel free to start a new thread with your questions.

7. JaredDetroit

JaredDetroit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Places, Yahoo local, and Microsoft local business center are a great place to start for free local business search results and advertising. You can then do a search for your area to find other local business listing sites that you can put your profile like local.com.

These are a great place to get some local business search results and you can use all of them for free.

8. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't forget the power of Twitter !

9. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We tried Vistaprint for the first time just this month and were impressed with the quality. We got 1000 double sided business cards and two hats but sure didn't get it for that price. I did get a brochure with the order detailing how to get over 30 free product samples though. If I'd known that was coming I'd have placed a smaller initial order. I saw coupon codes online but couldn't figure out where to enter them in the shopping cart. It's not obvious. If anyone knows please enlighten me so I can do so next time.

10. newfossil

newfossil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

promotional items like the ones you have ordered can be really effective, but i would really like to know your first impression once you received the items. I happen to be in the promotional product business (you can google "newfossil") and we're always ordering the "free" stuff from our competitors to compare quality and they are generally pretty low. As Kay mentioned - they received high quality products, but not at that price :). Raised print business cards are another good option, but they are generally a little more expensive, but they leave an impression!

11. houstonVijai

houstonVijai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I ordered plenty of times as of now, all free stuff with one or two paid items. I wouldn't say they are all top notch quality but they are good quality products. I recently ordered car magnets, Tshirt and cap. Everything came on time as I always select 21 days and all of them works as expected. Tshirt is not great but its worth for free stuff.

I don't see the option to select grade or type of material in tshirts but may be they go by the free stuff or real order I suppose. I am not sure, you might get good quality tees which I never ordered real order.

Kay, I never typed in promo code as well. I always used links with promocode to get their page and start ordering..

Vijai

12. LA Electrician

LA Electrician
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are numerous Search Engine Business Listings you can use for free such as Google, Yahoo, Yellow Pages, world directory, etc.

13. Rcp321

Rcp321
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A fairly new concept is text message marketing. Think about it - when you are in a crowd how many people are looking down at thier phones and texting? This is an affortable method of reaching your specific clients.

14. cruzer_rock

cruzer_rock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you are correct, these kind of cheap business are very profitable. I can suggest you some more cheap business like rubber stamps, business cards, printing, stationery, office supplies, name badges, or labels etc. Thanks :)

15. BusyBee

BusyBee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would disagree with this method. (See quote below) Of the people I know, none look favorably on receiving unsolicited messages (text or otherwise) to their phone (cell, or land line). In fact, I'd say it tends to make the receivers (again, the people I know) think very unfavorably of the previously unknown sender.

If it is an existing client - and you have their permission to keep them updated with info that's different - that might be a good way to keep in the front of their mind.

But cold texting, or cold calling, might be a bad idea.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

BusyBee is right there. Texting people, who doesn't have any interest on that product, will make your text message a SPAM and will definitely be ignored. As far as I know, here in the Philippines, there's already a law against text spamming.

17. Cathy Duncan

Cathy Duncan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lots of cheap business marketing tools in my mind, such as you can market your business on social sites like facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube etc. Similarly, you can advertise it in schools, colleges and universities. Another way is to place your ads on cabs, buses and so on. I hope it’ll satisfy your needs!