Changing Sitemap File will affect the keyword ranking result?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kpkarthik, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some errors were occurred in my sitemap file on web master account.So can i delete my existing sitemap file and upload the new sitemap xml file on Google web master account?Will this affect my website keyword ranking result?

2. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No it will not change. Actually sitemap is meant for showing the path to search engine crawlers to crawl and index the web pages. Changing the sitemap practically show up the path but crawlers wont crawl the website if there is no updation on the website. Hence to get ranked with keywords its quite important to look out for the updation and SEO rather than only changing the sitemap.

3. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If we change or update the sitemap file then it will not have any negative effect on the rankings unless we do not do any major changes in the content, URL structure, design etc... If we don't do such mentioned changes then it will not be a problem.

4. prakash

prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Chances are very low, Generally Sitemap help Google bot to crawl the website, so it hardly related to your SERP. but can't ignore sitemap, Make sure you have uploaded proper sitemap.xls file. If wrong sitemap is uploaded and if it is kept same for long run then it can effect your ranking as Google will not crawl your page which is ranking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A sitemap is the way to tell the google about all the important pages of the site and it help the crawler to crawl the site and then bring the keywords rank on SERP. But you have mentioned earlier that you have uploaded a new sitemap xml, sorry to say that but really I don't have much knowledge about that, I think you have take a help from the expert.

6. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

No it will not change. Actually sitemap is meant for showing the path to search engine crawlers to crawl and index the web pages. It's don't have any relation with keyword position.

7. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sitemap path has nothing to do with you keyword ranking. Sitemap is for the Google Bots, which help them in crawling and indexing the pages of your website. If you are removing certain pages or rewriting the URL, then it can affect little bit to the ranking and traffic of your website.

8. prakash

prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ranking can effect only if you block any ranking webpage URL and if you don't put your your important URL in sitemap then there are slight chances that Google crawler may not crawl your page.

9. Infotekmerica

Infotekmerica
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will never have a great impact with the website rankings. While uploading your new sitemap, the seach engines will cache the same URLS as that of the previous sitemap which can never affect your SERP rankings at large.

10. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

YES it happens sometimes that the sitemap shows errors but you can re submit your sitemap, I don't think it can harm your website ranking but it is also necessary that your sitemap must be error free.

11. Komal

Komal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, because your website is already verified and you only submit a new updated sitemap.

12. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The ranking NO, it will not change just because you changed/updated your sitemap. The keywords however will change as you probably are going to change the keyword sources where Google is crawling for data.

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.