Changing Site Location

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by aandybinaton, May 21, 2010.

1. aandybinaton

aandybinaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone,

I would like to address an issue.

I intend to use a new system for my website. Hence my URL will change. I am apprehensive about changing it since it is my primary selling page. I get the feeling that it could impact my current page rank and SEO. However, I know I need to change the URL. What is the best way to go about redirection- from the old URL to the new URL? I don’t want search engines to know about it. Can someone shed light on this? Please come ahead with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As Sigma says, you will have no problem with your SEO if you use a 301 redirect. You might find this thread helpful, another member asked the same question and when you read through the thread you will see the positive results they achieved after changing their blog's domain name - Changing Domain: Will it do better?

4. spinxwebdesign

spinxwebdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will personally suggest to use 301 redirect as all have suggested this will help in taking the PR for new domain and no will able to know also.

Hope you get it. All the best.