cash security

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Megan Rae, May 7, 2016.

1. Megan Rae

Megan Rae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! Our family just opened a small convenient store 2 months ago and we are glad that it is doing well. We are planning to open a new branch in another area and hopefully 3 more before the year ends. I'd like to get some of your opinions on cash security. What is the best way to keep your cash secured at the end of the shift? Well, currently, our cashiers place the cash in a brown envelope and we have this print out being attached where she puts the breakdown. We're thinking of upgrading to cash bag, do you think it is much better? Or if you can share what you are using for your business, we'll surely appreciate. Thanks!

2. Jeana Kimberling

Jeana Kimberling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello! i'm happy to hear that your business is doing well. In regards to your question, I would suggest that you use a more secured cash bags like Envopak or Ampac, Since you are planning to have a new branch.

3. Megan Rae

Megan Rae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the suggestion, Jeana. I've heard about Envopak before but not Ampac so I checked them out online and they've got different kinds and sizes of cash bags, which I think is great and would work best for us. How did you come across these companies? Were you able to use them before or are you using them now?

#3 Megan Rae, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016