Cartoon Pictures for Facebook Profile - Image Sources?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Fergal, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

An increasing number of FaceBook users have started using cartoon pictures for their FaceBook profile. People have been doing this to help increase awareness of the Violence Against Children Campaign.

Have you added a cartoon yet?

Can anyone recommend a good place to find cartoon images for FaceBook profiles?

If you'd like some RugRats pictures for your profile you can get them here.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have changed mine, maybe a few days ago.
    Fergal, basically, any images from Google search can be use as a profile picture in Facebook. :)

But according to reports, the movement to turn all Facebook profile pictures to cartoon characters was started by the Greeks for the sole purpose of fun, not seeing anybody's face from November 16 to November 20, 2010. The trend caught on, and a cause was even attached to it for violence against children awareness.

But someone from Tumblr posted this, which definitely true:
    [​IMG]

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

GekiDan, I don't really agree with the views expressed in that Tumblr post. Yes charities and good causes do need funding, but awareness of the issues and of the causes that deal with the issues is also very important. Crimes against children have been brushed under the carpet and taboo for too many years, anything that highlights the issue is positive in my opinion.

Also just because an image shows up in Google image search, doesn't mean that it can be re-used. A good way to find images that you do have the right to use is to use the "Usage Rights" options in Google Advanced Image Search.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also agree with you there in spreading awareness. Alot of Facebook users already use cartoon profile pictures. I wonder if it'll continue after Monday.
    Anyways, regarding Google search, I didn't really know anything about that. Did you meant Royalty Free Images?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A Google image search is similar to a normal Google search for text content, in other words just because content shows up in Google, whether that content be text or images, doesn't mean that the owner of the content has given the right for the content to be used. You should check with the image owner or creator before using any image for yourself.

I've changed my profile pic to Scooby Doo :)