Career Options for Average Students

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by vinothini, May 15, 2015.

1. vinothini

vinothini
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Other than engineering and medical students, what are the other career options available for average students?

2. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I have my friends take up something interesting, like Hotel Management in gastronomy, Mining, Equestrian consulting, brewing and distilling.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I don't think being an average student really makes a difference. Although Kevin has given you a few options, there are so many career options that it's hard to give an appropriate answer without knowing more about you and what your interests are. Gastronomy may not be your cup of tea if you don't like cooking, equestrian consulting won't work if you have no interest in horses, and although the average college student may be interested in drinking beer, that may not translate into an interest in professionally making it. Knowing more about what you are interested in can help in deciding on a career.

4. B2025

B2025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Former President George Bush just gave a commencement address ---- stating -----

For those of you with high GPAs, I commend you, and for you C students out there, you can become President too.

I think that says it all.

When you're out of school, your GPA rapidly becomes unimportant.
    Neil Tyson Degrasse has recently expressed the same sentiment.

What do you like doing? Pursue it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vinothini

vinothini
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Thank you for all your guidance. Hope I will choose good career for my successful future. Thank you once again.

6. 60degreeDigital

60degreeDigital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed, Pursuation matters. GPA is not the true reflection of your intelligence.
    There are so many examples in the world where people without having any college degree are running their Enterprises successfully.
    So at any point of life don't consider yourself to be Average.

7. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best thing is always to have a career in the field in which you have interest, if you like to travel then you can become a travel guide, if you like exercise, you could become a fitness trainer etc....

8. vinothini

vinothini
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Yes you are right, we can achieve our goal only with our efforts and interest we have made in our work...

9. M.Ehrmantraut

M.Ehrmantraut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't state enough the importance of finding something you will enjoy doing as a career and go after it - the worst thing you can do in this life is lock yourself into a life where you hate your career so to reiterate what others have said, find something you have a passion for a let that guide you.

10. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been told time after time again, that going through college, and finding a job that relates to what you want to do for a living, that you can see yourself enjoying, would be far better than just getting hired at a job that either you hate, or has a good income.

So I suggest that you go after any job that you can see yourself enjoying. For me personally, I love editing things people write, so I could go through college to learn how to be a better editor and language analyst, so that I can go after career options that would allow me to edit things that people needs edited to help them succeed.

11. vinothini

vinothini
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Nice! Good advice, good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need; thanks for your support.