Can't save configuration settings in admin page

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by AndySimpson, Mar 19, 2013.

1. AndySimpson

AndySimpson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys,

I am having a real problem saving configuration settings in my admin area on my website.

Whenever i click 'save configuration' it sends me back to my admin log-in page and doesn't save any of my changes. This is a big problem for me as i can't start business until this is sorted.

These are the steps i have taken to try and fix it:

-Turn on cookies in my browser: Also saved my website in the advanced settings to make sure it was always allowed to save cookies.

-Changed the code for the 'save configuration button' - but still didn't work. I have had both codes looked at by php pro's and they said the code was fine.

I was reading online about 'session_save' and the sort, wondering if this is maybe causing the issue? Could you maybe point me in the right direction to where the error could be?

Many thanks,

Andy.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What script or CMS is your website using Andy?

Have you spoken to your host about this issue? It sounds like something they may be able to resolve for you.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have encountered such problem back when I tried to move my sites to another host. If you didn't experiment something on your htaccess then this might concern about the settings.php and config.php particularly to some websites using CMS like wordpress.

what did you do before this?

• Like Like x 1
  4. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you have root access?