Can you help me make the Top Ten?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Bubblegum Heaven, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Bubblegum Heaven

Bubblegum Heaven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some time back I came on this forum to ask advice on how to get my website to rank high on Google under the keyword “bubblegum,” which as of right now Google says has “about 3,150,000” and returns 914 results. My idea was to get somewhere on the ones listed (which at that time was around 750) and then hopefully build up from there.

It took like what seemed forever, but it finally happened, and then I was able to build up. It mainly happened through talking with a lot of people who might have an interest in our niche, and commenting on so called “social websites,” and adding a lot of content. It probably doesn’t hurt that the website must be updated every few months too. Anyway it finally got up to #24 for a little while, and has settled back to, as I write this, #42. That’s not too bad I don’t think. Bubblegum is a pretty competitive keyword.

But I want higher and I’m hoping you may have some suggestions on doing that.

Pretty much what we’ve done is taken a fun time activity, bubblegum bubble blowing, and turned it into a world wide contest that you can (and we do) consider a sport. Why? Because it’s available to the whole world (that can get on the internet) who is over 18 years old, we have a quarterly contest where the world championship is on the line, we keep score, we have annual awards, and even bubblegum cards. It’s the gathering place of the world’s greatest bubble blowers, and it is founded by 2 current Guinness World Record Holders and a man who is thought to have blown the biggest bubble ever blown.
    It’s all about blowing the biggest bubble possible with the least amount of restrictions possible. We’ve amassed by far the best bubble blowing website there is.

My goal is to get us in the Top Ten, where we are up there with bubblegum manufacturers and sites about the history of bubblegum. I think it’s completely doable, especially since, up until recently, there was a geocities website about bubble blowing in the top ten. It was a pretty good website, but hadn’t been updated since 1998 (the owners of it even had a couple notes on it saying the last time it was updated was 1998). But it wasn’t probably one tenth as good as ours. The website vanished when geocities shut down, and now our website has taken its place as the highest Google ranked bubble blowing website (under “bubblegum”). But I figure since if their site got into the Top 10 ours should be able to get in too, eventually. There are a lot of things that may come to mind when someone says “bubblegum,” and there are a lot of sites on this particular keyword search that don’t even have anything to do with actual bubblegum, but blowing bubbles is the number one purpose of why the product bubblegum even exists, so I think there should be a spot for us.

Anyway, I’m looking for any suggestions anyone may have to help us make that last climb into the Top Ten. Thanks in advance for any ideas that could help!

Bobby “BOOM BOOM” Bickerson
    Commissioner
    The Bubblegum World Championship

www.bubblegumheaven.com

2. tomcruisesky

tomcruisesky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well frankly suggestion do offline optimization as much as u can on daily basis,with HIGH PR`S,though its difficult but not impossible

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good to see you back with us Bobby, well done on the success that you have achieved to date. You should find some useful tips and information in these Featured Threads. One way to increase your rankings would be to build links back to your site, using your keywords as the anchor text. You will see that there are some great links with information on link building, in that thread I linked to above.

Have you submitted your site do DMOZ?

Have you contacted other bubble gum related websites and asked them to link to you? You could do the same with any bubble gum clubs or associations that you are aware of.

Good luck with it.