Can you guys review my website?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by mybusinez.com, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys,
    A good man suggested that I could ask for a review of my brand new Business and Social Networking website called http://www.mybusinez.com/

I wonder could any of you guys have a look at it and tell me what you think about the site, how easy (or hard) it is to use, what could make it easier to use and, perhaps, what other features it could do with to make Business and Social Networking easier on the site?

The more the merrier.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm getting a "Service Unavailable" message at your site. Please let us know when it's back up and running.

[Moving thread to Online Business forum!]

3. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. I just used your website. The look of it is ok, I actually like green so that's good for me. The interface seemed a little difficult to get to grips with. I went to register my company and it ended up adding it 3 times - not a problem but will probably look to others that I am trying to spam the site, so it probably needs a little tweaking to make sure the same company name only gets entered once.

I think the site has some promise and once you get more members I'll take a look at all the features and come back to you with feedback.

Sean

4. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the look is okay.. overall feel is nice, but i guess you need more content. these type of sites really work pretty well. i am sure very soon you will start getting income from adsense and other sources, just a small request, gather more content

5. ekta74

ekta74
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I went through your site and found that the RIGHT side of the homepage looks like it needs to be filled with some content..That side looked kinda empty .I know its your brand new site and u must be working on everything,so according to that,i found it quite nice .A very good concept for jobseekers/employers/investors !!

6. CJM2009

CJM2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I went to read your site, well! I hope you to confirm
    * Jobseekers
    * Employers
    * Companies
    * Investors
    They are honest, so that everyone gets his or her needs.thanks!

7. Albus

Albus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you
    It looks empty

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Site's opening fine for me again. overall I like the design of the site, it looks very smart and professional. I already gave you some feedback in your introduction and I'm glad to see that you have implemented my suggestions or the My Company navigation links - it's much more user-friendly the way you have it now.

A suggestion I would make is that you make it very clear on your home page what the purpose of the site is and how users could benefit from it. When a visitor goes to your site for the first time you only have a few short seconds to capture their interest and convert them to a user. First time visitors will want to know how your site can help them and they will want to know quickly.

I really like the way you charge for publishing a bulletin. That is a very clever idea and will help you generate revenue as the site grows. You might want to include some additional details, of interest to potential purchasers. For example, tell them how long their bulletin will stay on the home page and give an estimate as to how many people will read their bulletin.

You might also want to look at your site from a SEO perspective. For example the title tags on some of your pages are not doing much to help your search engine listings, eg. "employers" and "companies". Title tags are very important from a SEO perspective and it would be worth taking the time to pick and add good ones for each individual page.

I wish you the very best of luck with it and please do let us know if there is a anything else we can assist you with.

9. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks to everyone who gave the site a review. It has really helped me fix it, improve it and think of other features I can add to the site in the future.

Another feature I wanted to add was giving employers and investors the ability to sell their products or services online through the companies they have added. I wonder would this be a good idea and would any of you (even if you have not registered) consider using this?

To seanstevens: I have worked out why you had an issue adding your companies and I have since sorted the issue out. Your companies should work fine now and in the future. The problem with company names issue you brought up is that if 2 companies in different countries have the same name and they can't be entered it may upset an employer.

To Fergal: Thanks very much for the extra feedback. This is the kind of information I really need to help me sort out the website.

The biggest issue for me now is getting people on the website so that is what I am focusing on. I was thinking of some sort of referral system perhaps. For instance, if you get someone to post a bulletin we'll give you 1euro or something along those lines. I don't know how well this will work.

Once again, thanks for all the help guys. I'll certainly be visiting this forum more often and telling my friends about it.

10. alirex

alirex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Under heading of JOB u can fill [ Advertise here ] or something which make page looks complete. Rest everything seems to be ok . That upper line should be dark in comparison to header.

Thats it

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could also think along the lines of offering someone a free bulletin post if they refer three customers who post a bulletin. That way you get more customers without actually having to pay out any cash. you might find this simple approach to Using Affiliates & Promotional Codes helpful.

12. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have on another website of mine that ANYONE can post their news (not just registered users). They could be a business or just an individual but because they have to pay this weeds out the spammers. In fact, this is one instance where I would welcome 100s of spam posts because I'm getting paid for it :) Website owners would love spam if they were getting a few quid for each entry. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try give this a go.

13. jakew65

jakew65
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cool one , go ahead make the killing