Can you give me any reviews about our smartphone forum?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by itommy, Jan 31, 2018.

1. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends!

Can you give me any feedback about our smartphone forum?

The site is here: https://smartphones.best

I am looking forward to hearing your reviews about its design, colors, logo and content.

Thanks in advance.
    Tommy

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Looks cluttered and it's poorly responsive.

Apart form that it's just another forum. The content however is pretty dire - a whole load of random posts written in poor English.

• Like Like x 1
  3. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed with you and need to improve this better soon.
    Just curious how you say it is poorly responsive? can tell me in details or any screenshots where you think its responsive is not good?

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Look at the site on your phone. Navigation is almost non existent. I couldn't work out how to get to the forum categories.

What exactly is the point of the forum?

5. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can easily find forum categories by click on Timeline text or icon on the top left to see forum navigation

(Maybe I will change Timeline to Forum categories to avoid misunderstandings)

On mobile

[​IMG]

On Desktop

[​IMG]

@fisicx , it has just opened for a few days thus I can not tell you the point of the forum at this time, now its just a discussion forum for everyone to discuss everything about smartphones and tablets. In the future, I can change/add new modules to it and when I can tell you exactly what point of the forum is.

#5 itommy, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  6. Simon_G

Simon_G
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry to say that it is not delightful design, it is a cluttered mess.

The homepage jumps me straight into a post about apps being illegal. I have no interest in that so why show it to me?

It just seems to be random conversations about random subjects. Why would I want to join your forum when there are literally hundreds of others doing it so much better than you?

There is no categorisation other than by manufacturer which means I have to look through all post to find specific information, assuming it is there in the first place.

I, like fisicx, really do not see the point in it to be perfectly honest.

Case in point is the rather pointless thread entitled "What do you prefer for a wallpaper? A real people or an anime character?"

I mean really?

#6 Simon_G, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2018
  7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm afraid I agree with both Simon and fisicx - the website is a mess! There are way too many posts on the homepage that don't need to be there. I couldn't even see the bottom few categories on the sidebar menu until I reached the bottom of the page, and it took way too long to get there. When scrolling through the page, the only part that moves is the list of posts in the center. The sections on the right don't move until I scroll way down the page, and there is no compelling reason for me to do so. The sections on the right and left disappear and reappear at random as I scroll.

That's a problem. You should probably scrap the whole thing and start over, after you figure out what the point of the forum is supposed to be. Then, take a look at other popular forums to see what they do, and make your design similar to theirs. You can start by taking a good look at this one.

8. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The homepage is showing latest threads and comments (posts/replies) under each one. That's why you saw the thread from Apps forum.

I am not sure some are better or they are just older with more members. If smartphones.best was 5 or 10 years old then I don't mind to compete with them or even defeat them. Let think it was just a forum with 2 months old.

Have you read forum description? It is a smartphone forum at this time for members to learn and discuss about smartphones. In the near future when I have enough "conditions" to develop it become a bigger one then I will add more things to it.

I think it is your favorite topic that you wanted to see than others. :)

9. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly you can see all parts and look great if you are on a screen 27 inches. But that's really a problem for users who use smaller screens thus you are right on this point, It is hard to see the left and right column while scrolling but I disabled fixed sidebars so you can easily see them now.

I don't like copying or buying existed themes out there for my forum, unless they are similar to big ones as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin,..etc which I learned some parts on them and applying for my smartphone forum.

It is a smartphone forum for phone users learn and discuss everything about smartphones, tablets...at this time, at least that point is enough for my new forum.

10. Simon_G

Simon_G
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, trust me, you are a million miles away from where the big boys are.

What your site lacks is any kind of identity or direction. It's been cobbled together with little thought and with no real goal other than to be yet another forum where people can talk about random stuff, for no real apparent reason. To add insult to injury, you present it in a way that does not benefit the user in the slightest.

Please take some advice, forget this idea, you will get nowhere with it. You seem to lack the vision and direction such an idea like that needs. You have not taken onboard any of the advice above, and you believe that having an open and broad forum is better than niching down.

I'd really go to town on explaining when and where you are on a hiding to nothing with the comments you have made above, but to be perfectly honest I feel I would be wasting my time.

So good luck with your endeavour, I truly believe you will need it.

11. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are requiring too high for a new forum to arachive all things that big phone forums out there had.
    Can you give any examples or sharing any sites that having these? I would like to see details that they are doing.

Do you have any ideas to improve this? seem you are talking too much theory here.

No I had ideas and plans for next years but I need it has enough "conditions" to expand to new levels. I will not go into details for what conditions are.