Can we trust only on Keyword Suggestion Tool?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jason520, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Jason520

Jason520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear Members,

As we know there are various keyword suggestion in the market, when we have a new site on the floor and have to planned the keywords for that.

Than I want to know your views as mostly says that Google keyword suggestion tool is the best and I am agree in more ratio other than,

Can we trust only on the Keywords suggestion Tool only?

What do you think about it, have me keeping in mind other things also when we are going to plan the targeted keywords for a site or just only choose the keywords from the tool only.

Provide your suggestions and share you views about it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Google keywords tool is an excellent resource for coming up with keywords for your site. However, I'd suggest that you should not put all your eggs in one basket and use only one source for keyword suggestions. Your own personal judgement together with your knowledge of your own site and its visitors will be very important in selecting keywords. You might find this article helpful - Keyword Lists - How to write a Keyword List for your Site.

• Like Like x 1
  3. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google keyword suggestion tool is the best tool at all, this tells the right way to choose keywords. Always choose those keywords which have good traffic and low competition.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The Google keyword suggestion tool is the best FREE tool, but there are others, and some of the paid tools provide much more information on keywords than you get from the Google keyword suggestion tool.

For my use, the Google keyword suggestion tool is fine, but if I were an SEO professional, and was trying to do the best job for my client, I would never rely on any one tool, even if I thought it was the best. Different tools give you different information and may give you a different insight into positioning your client's website.

5. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes keyword research is the first and the foremost step in optimizing a website. Keywords can be chosen through different ways.

1. We can get the keywords from the clients.
    2. Understand the main business and by which we can use google adwords keyword tool to build many keywords for a site.
    3. By analyzing the competitor websites we can pick the keywords that were used already for ranking their sites.

6. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Beside keywords too, we should analysis on webmaster tool and analytic, that is how reader reach our site. Alternatively it is important for us to understand keywords trend.

http://www.google.com/trends/

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree.

Additionally, when doing a keyword research .. try to research on your competitor, where they link and how they target keywords. This can come in handy to know what type of keywords you're competitors are working at. You can also use Google Trends / Insights to see which keywords are gaining popularity in search up to the next few months. You can also make use of other online tools like SEMrush, opensiteexplorer, ahrefs, spyfu.com to have a collection of data that you can use to determine which keywords will you use on your campaign.

Thanks,
    Mark T.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No not at all.Never rely on one thing keep some substitute and yes Fergal is absolutely right that it is necessary that you use your personal experience and judgement for selecting keywords.

9. sherlynjames

sherlynjames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does google.com/trends/ show the best result ?

10. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. Google Trends / Insights shows keywords / search terms that are getting somewhat an increase in search volume in the past few days or months, and shows an overview of how the search terms would be in the next few months - giving you an overview on what terms can you target on your next posts / article or an update on your website to be able to get that traffic on the search term.

11. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's one tip I got from Wil Reynolds of SEER Interactive. Go to Google Search and just type your a keyword related in your niche. The Google Auto-complete will suggest you some keywords that are really useful because it is what users actually search. *Don not hit ENTER*

12. Jason520

Jason520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, the keywords action list is very useful. It shows the clear steps here. Thanks.

Google keywords suggestion tool is informative and useful.
    I will choose the keywords from there which relates to my target website.

Some people tell me that the Google trends have disappeared from the market?
    Is it true?

13. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse