can we replace Credits with real token of wavesplatform?

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by garfish, Jul 14, 2017.

1. garfish

garfish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think i have suggested this one back when fergal was yet on the forum. anyone can create a token on https://wavesplatform.com for just one wave.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If I understand the waves platform correctly, it converts actual, real world currency into their own version of a cryptocurrency, which can only be used on their platform.The credits you receive here on BAF are not actual currency, and have no monetary value. Therefore, they cannot be converted into any kind of cryptocurrency.
    If you did ask the question back when Fergal owned the forum, the confusion may have arisen because what is now called credits was called "BAF Cash". Like the current credits, "BAF Cash" actually had no real monetary value, and could only be used within the forum.

3. garfish

garfish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

monetary value is base on demand of the tokens. i'm sure you can create a demand for the credits if is the only we could use to buy services in the forum. lets say the token can be used to buy services and products. in order foryou to monitor demand it will also be lsited in exchanges. waves platform has decentralized exchange (dex) on its own. same as tidex.com or bittrex.com