Can someone tell me how to promote sites on facebook and twitter?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by navast2010, Jun 1, 2010.

1. navast2010

navast2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many ways for promoting sites.I tried submissions to social bookmarks and business directionaries.However many ppl suggest use facebook and twitter.They are effective.But I don't really know how to do with it.Can someone help me with that?

Thx in advance!:)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

navast2010 have you created a Twitter or Facebook account for your site? That would be the first step.

Create a Twitter account for your site and link your site to it. Then add a link to your site in your Twitter profile. Post updates to your site on your Twitter account and engage in conversation with those who follow you. You can find people who are discussing topics, relevant to your site, by using Twitter Search. If you follow those people, a lot of them will follow you back.

You could create a FaceBook fan page for your site. This will allow you to keep your friends and contacts updated with what's happening on your site and it will help remind them of your site and hopefully keep them visiting.

If you'd like to share links to your site, we should be able to give you more specific suggestions.

3. zackjeffries

zackjeffries
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. You are right indeed...

Navast2010: Twitter and Facebook are two best social sites we can use to promote our sites since the number of people using it daily is tremendously huge... That is the biggest marketplace for your products. Now, How to market your site is your concern.... As Fergal said, link your site to you twitter profile (go to your profile settings and place your link in your bio) that will appear on your profile page on the sidebar.....The more followers you have, the better... So, its advised that you follow as many people as you can, because you'll have better chances that they'll follow you as well. Now, make daily tweets, and don't forget to place your site url on your tweets too. It helps a lot with pagerank and traffic!

Same as what Fergal mentioned, create a fan page in Facebook (name should be related to your site).. The more fans you have, the greater chance to have great traffic and loyal customers... You can also leave your website url in your profile like you can with Twitter..... I hope you'll get the picture...

#3 zackjeffries, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  4. navast2010

navast2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really thank u for ur brilliant idea for me!!!Helped a lot!!
    Actually,I have done as what u said.On twitter,I created an account for my sites,put my links and tried to follow as many as possible ppl.But not many followers...On facebook,I've done that too.I think my biggest problem is that I couldn't find many ppl...
    Stupid right?...I think someone could tell me how to find some ppl to my profile...

5. WildCat

WildCat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, getting success through twitter and facebook needs much time and effort. Personnaly, I need more symbols to advertise my news so I don't use twitter often, still I have and account and some followers.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest that the next thing you need to do is use Twitter Search to find people who are discussing topics related to your site. Start following them and engaging them in conversation. You can also tweet some links to your FaceBook fan page (but don't overdo it). You could DM your new Twitter followers to thank them for following you and tell them they can also meet you on Facebook - obviously include a link to the fan page in the DM.

7. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do follow a lot of users and ask them follow you in return. It could have been better if you will use twitter search to get the relevant topic and users as well.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But following random people in hoping for them to follow you.
    Your twitter home page make look like a page full of spam and those people who follow random people in return for following them might not be getting their desired Twitter visitors.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I wouldn't recommend following random people, instead as I mentioned above (in post 2) follow people who are discussing topics relevant to you and engage with them. That is maximising your use of Twitter, using it as it is supposed to be used and is not at all spammy. If you follow and engage with people interested in the same subjects as you, they are quite likely to follow you back.