Can someone enlighten me about dropshipping?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by anna c, Mar 15, 2016.

1. anna c

anna c
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been reading a lot of digital nomad websites and many claim that drop shipping is one of their main source of income and others say it is a scam. Have you tried drop shipping? If so, how was your experience? Can you really earn a decent amount from it?

2. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Drop shipping is basically reselling. The difference is that you don't buy the product first and sell it later. You sell it first, and the manufacturer sends it to the buyer for you.

So yes, there are two options: either you complete the sale and the manufacturer submits the product to the buyer; or one of the parts of the equation fails, and the buyer gets nothing (scam).

You usually control the margins, so yes, you can make good profits from dropshipping.

My advice would be to make sure the manufacturer delivers. I usually do that buying something from them before trying to engage in any business.

3. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started with dropshipping and it worked really well for me. The hard part is finding the right one - that takes a lot of time and research. If your business model works then you can buy stock and increase your margins