Can somebody recommend an affordable SEO firm for a starting up website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jhoinsmath, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Jhoinsmath

Jhoinsmath
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am optimizing a site and have 5 keyword phrase i want to show up in Google. I have good Search Engine Optimization (SEO) results for 2 of the keywords. But I can't figure out how to get the other 3 to become top result in Google. I have inserted the keywords in the title tags and image alt texts. Can anyone tell me what else I need to do.?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Inserting your keywords in the title tags and image alt texts is only a basic step. There is a lot more involved, not only in the On-Page Optimization, but also in the follow-up once the On-Page Optimization is done. You need to make sure the keyword phrases are also being used in the content, fix any broken links, ensure that there is as little duplicate content as possible, etc. There are 19-20 different aspects of the pages that we check when optimizing a website - for obvious reasons, I cannot reveal them all.
    To answer the question in the subject of your post, it depends on the definition of "affordable". If a small business can only afford a couple of hundred dollars a month, and they hire a company that does nothing for them, can they afford to do that? What if someone can get results, but it takes a long time to see substantial results - are they willing to wait, since it's all they can afford? What about a medium-size company that can spend a couple of thousand dollars? Same question - if they hire a company that does nothing for them, is that couple of thousand dollars still affordable? Do they hire a company that takes awhile to get substantial results, since they have the money to spend, or do they hire someone who can get them ranked quicker, and keep them there? The main point is to get the most value for whatever amount you have to spend.

#2 Joseph.Shivell, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011