Can social bookmarking really help market a site?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by RestOwner, May 18, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen many online marketers use a lot of social bookmarking tools to help boost traffic maybe to their sites. Is it really worth it signing up with all the social bookmarking sites that are out there?

2. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it can really help your company. this is one technique of SEO

3. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no harm in signing up to sites slowly and developing your network and online presence. I am not expert at all in online stuff but it can only be a good thing to 'widen the net you cast' (as my grandfather used to say)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Different things work for different sites and social bookmarking definitely does help some sites. You might start with one social bookmarking site and see how well you can promote your site by targeting it. Set out your objectives before you start and then focus on achieving them. Try it for a set time and at the end of that time look at your website's stats and make a decision as to whether or not it was worth the effort.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will say yes, social bookmarking is one of the way that able to generate good traffic. However, you need to spend time to build your network and reputation. Nothing is free from the world, so dont expect you can get tons of traffic by just join the social bookmarking without doing any other work

6. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They all serve as backlinks and possible traffic sources. As said above though with reputation comes more interest. However be wary about only bookmarking and tagging your own sites in sites like Digg, Propeller etc because you can be banned. You need to be marking sites of valuable content not just your own to remain on friendly terms. If you do that and get a reputatation for marking good value stuff people will be more likely to look when you mark your own sites.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking sites really helps in boosting traffic on your website. How?
    Social Bookmarking sites have high ranking in search engines so if your site is still low in ranking, it can give your site more visitors.
    I have noticed these once I submitted my blog entries on Digg.

8. Melvin

Melvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely yes is the answer. But the problem is very few can leverage traffic from social sites because most people really don't use it properly.

Its helpful because it can increase your traffic and brand awareness in a flicker and if you do it right, that would bring a lot other benefits like increase search rankings and etc.

9. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

great, so on the positive side: go for it! but don't over do it right? every little bit of everything won't hurt...