Can PPC Help Me in My Organic SEO Efforts?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by micheal.burns1, Dec 14, 2012.

1. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can PPC Help Me in My Organic SEO Efforts? If Yes then how?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. but I actually saw some websites that rank high on organic searches but still uses adwords to advertise. Maybe because they want to appear above than those organic search results and of course click thru rate. Waste of money in my opinion.

Just as you are yet not ranking, try PPC.

3. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No PPC doesn't help in your SEO. But SEO efforts can help in your PPC

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One thing you can do with CPC is quickly test how effective a particular keyword is for your site. By using that keyword in your CPC you can quickly show up highly in the search engine listings for that keyword and then analyse how well it performs for you. If it converts well you could focus your SEO efforts on that keyword. On the other hand if the keyword doesn't convert for you, you wouldn't spend time optimising your site for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which SEO technique will be useful for PPC? And How?

6. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google's main is to provide relevant result, whatever medium it would be (paid/unpaid). If you're doing PPC for a page having relevant content and having good CTR than that page can still appear at the top of all ads with less cost

7. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It means you are referring to on-page seo. But i think people mainly use seo onpage technique for manipulating the page and try to fool the crawler. But its advised that Marketers should use keywords naturally and for the authentic flow of the narrative or information they are providing – it encourages appropriate keyword usage.

Now i'm confused what should i practice?

8. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On page is basically done to make your site crawler and user friendly. On-page is not done to fool the crawler.

Can you explain how can you use keywords naturally. I think to make our keywords look natural we basically do the On-page optimization i.e avoiding keyword stuffing =, maintaining proper keyword density etc.

In which topic you're confused. It is clear that PPC doesn't help your SEO. If you want traffic in short time and for short period than obviously you should go for PPC. But if you want traffic for long period than SEO will be the best option.

9. Kev H

Kev H
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm going to go against the flow here and say: YES, BUT not for everyone and not always directly.

Here is an example.
    You have a website talking about widgets. You have quality info. Info that is shareable and that people would want to share. But no-one knows it is there!

You can use Adwords to get the exposure you need to get people to the website, they then start tweeting, sharing, blogging about the site on their own.

Now you have some serious SEO going on in terms of social and backlinks.

Over time you may not need the PPC any more (or may still do both).

10. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like most people said, SEO is the good old fashioned way of getting people to your website.PPC is the more cut throat method. You pay for the traffic/people. But you have to have good SEO or else everything's gonna be wasted. After all, whats the point of bringing people to your website but there's no good content or basically something to keep them interested and coming back for more So all in all, its a two way thing... IMO its pointless doing one without the other.

11. bermuda

bermuda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PPC programs including the Google AdWords can truly improve traffic shares of websites, through sending customers and potential buyers to the websites pages but the blocks of ads will not be considered as links and so, they will not be counted as backlinks for websites by search engines.

In order to improve organic positions of websites on search engines, they should have some decent content pages that will attract both search engines and the audience. At the same time, they should have authority links pointing to them, if links are from relevant sources, the better.

12. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is good then your website will be ranked higher on the search engine results pages. I think PPC really help for seo for sure, no doubt about that. PPC is an internet tool used to direct traffic to websites and improve the visibility in less time. If you put all of your best keywords into your PPC campaign then you stand a better chance of being seen by a lot of people.

13. spyindiatom

spyindiatom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think ppc is not necessary in SEO .But most of the people using this technique.that is not bad.

14. Pet09

Pet09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per Google they have completely different algorithm that measures the quality of an ad and the organic result of a webpage.

Buy yes it can help you to start your brand.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What exactly do you mean by this? Even if you do not think PPC can help SEO, why is it "not bad" for most people? Can you clarify this point for us?

How can people use PPC or SEO to "start your brand"? How would PC be treated differently than SEO? Are there things that PPC can do that SEO cannot? I am sure other readers would appreciate more details.