Can Instagram be used for small business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Himanshu Kashyap, Mar 2, 2017.

1. SandwichEikaiwa

SandwichEikaiwa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, but keep in mind Instagram is about sharing images. You want to build a loyal audience or tribe who'll be genuinely interested in what you share. Also, what you post and how you engage (your posts and replies to comments) with followers will determine your success. This works for my client who sells fine art prints - very visual. I don't think it would work for web design services.

2. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Increasing your social media presence could help you in your business. Similar to Facebook and Twitter, Instagram has also been a place to market products and services offered by many entrepreneurs. For over 700 million active users worldwide, you could actually bring your business anywhere.

3. trace56

trace56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course, it will work. But as it was mentioned above, you should work on the good content with qualitative pictures that will show your identity among other brands. Besides promotion of random pictures from your profile, you should always filter your followers. Depending on the audience that you will find and track you will receive the same results in your advertising campaign and you also will see what works better with them what's not. It is a longstanding process with a lot of tricks and effort. But it worth it, especially if you have a young audience that is active Instagram users. Besides, it could be cheaper than Google adv or Facebook where you not always can gain such result.

4. Shant Nalbandian

Shant Nalbandian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I do agree with @Gaurav Dutt, "Instagram is best suitable for industries like food, fashion, clothing, video games and others where content can be shown visually, Instagram is the best social media platform for marketing."

But, now the time has been changed since the Instagram has given the separate option for marketing on it. In Business section of Instagram, we can create effective advertisements.

5. Romina

Romina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice question. The answer for me is definitely YES! It does not matter what you are offering, the photos/videos are the most important things- high quality, nice colours. I think that people are more likely to like posts without human faces - it is not so engaging. No one wants to read nowadays, so showing people what you are doing (in a beautiful way) is a great option. Of course, it depends what you are selling, but there always is a way to make it look smart and fancy. Also, how cold you know something for sure before trying it?

6. ruksar sheikh

ruksar sheikh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagrams is growing rapidly and is spreading its reach like a wildfire. I would say that Instagram is THE tool to utilize for making it big with SMBs.
    Lets come down to the reasons for the same :
    1.One main reason would be because you can get in touch with anyone across the globe unlike other social media.
    2. The instagram space is overflowing with SMBs and aching for collaborations.
    3. The best form of media to communicate is through photos and videos, good for you that instagram uses the same.
    All the best

7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

1. You can get in touch with anyone around the world using email, skype and just about all other SM sites.
    2. It's full of junk - businesses do not use Instagram as a primary marketing tool
    3.How would a instagram help me if I wanted an emergency plumber or cheap cat food?

Instagram is a very poor marketing tool.

8. seokiran

seokiran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes to some extent instagram can be helpful for small business marketing. practicel following things
    1. Connect It to Your Other Social Channels. ...
    2. Post What People Want. ...
    3. Don't Overlook Video. ...
    4. Use Hashtags. ...
    5. Respond to Comments. ...
    6. Crowdsource Your Images. ...
    7. Portray Your Brand's Vibe. ...
    8. Measure Your Likes.
    9. Use Blue to Get More Likes
    10. Be Consistent

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

@seokiran - that's all great if you consider likes to have value. But if you are selling (for example) SEO services, the number of quality leads you will get is going to be almost zero. There are are far more productive ways to market your business.

Advertising for example is instant and can be adjusted in seconds to change focus.

10. Alnitech

Alnitech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram as a certainly a great way to promote your products, but it all depends on the type of product and your talents and abilities to promotion. Many of my friends promote their products and services with the help of accounts in the instagram, and they do it very creatively and brightly, what to say about ourselves, our products are hard to imagine for promotion in the instagram :) so we did not try.
    But if you feel that you can, go ahead!

11. formatemataro

formatemataro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly, if your company sells products, what sells the product most is an image and instagram is the best social network for that.

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I disagree. If you are selling concrete fenceposts or laxatives I doubt you will have much luck posting on instagram.

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

On the other hand, clothing, art, and any product that someone would buy based on how it looks could do well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

In other works (like everything else webby) the answer is 'it depends'. There is no single way of doing things. What works for one business may not work for the next.

15. Ali Imam

Ali Imam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, most of the businesses have already made their presence on Instagram. Since Instagram is one of the most simple Social Media platforms, you can have really amazing engagement with your target audiences. Another fact is that it has a huge user base. I don't think I need to add anything further to my comment :) Take Care

16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Except it is very difficult to monetize instagram for most products and services. If you are selling tent pegs instagram isn't going to be much use.

17. jareljarellebelmedia

jareljarellebelmedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Got a startup business and I am using Instagram too. I can say it can help you grow your business. So go for it!

18. StarFootballacademy

StarFootballacademy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

19. StarFootballacademy

StarFootballacademy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

social media is very important to any kind of business but also t depends on the country and the type of product and what are you looking for it could very useful I have a Star football academy Dubai and Sharjah. but I find social media is very helpful and add a lot to your business

20. Anthony Daly

Anthony Daly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With the advent of the internet and social media sites for every businessman, it is very important to promote your business on social media platforms. One of the best ways to achieve potential growth in business is with the help of technology. Instagram is a very popular and important social media channel to promote your business. It will be a great benefit for your business growth.