Can Instagram be used for small business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Himanshu Kashyap, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Sumit Mankala

Sumit Mankala
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram Stories have been a controversial feature to say the least. In case you haven’t heard, Instagram Stories lets you string together multiple pictures and videos into a “story” that disappears after 24 hours, similar to Snapchat stories.Small businesses have been slow to use Instagram Stories while they try to figure out how to best weave the feature into their own strategies. But there’s a lot of potential you shouldn’t pass up. Like with any big change, the companies that adopt and figure it out first tend to reap the biggest benefits.

Follow in the footsteps of brands like Taco Bell that have gone all-in on Instagram Stories. Start experimenting and get creative to see what you can come up with.

2. Nessem Degen

Nessem Degen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any means you can use to properly connect to and widen your business contact/clients is a good tool.
    Instagram has the basic concept of most social media site/program - Human Connections. People now a days base their critique/decision on if a business/shop has Instagram/Facebook/Twitter. Just remember to assign someone very familiar with it, since using social media as a marketing tool can sometime become so messy that you will confuse more than being connected. People will start asking questions and you might be so flooded with queries that you will not satisfy first time clients.

#22 Nessem Degen, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2017
  3. Amy2016

Amy2016
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard a lot about how business get orders from Instagram. But to me, Instagram is not so useful. You can easily get likes and hardly get real traffic from it. I even tired to run ADs on Instagram but it doesn't work as expected. Maybe I did something but that's how I feel.

4. Ron Pickle

Ron Pickle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are selling products then Instagram is the perfect platform to showcase them in best possible manner so that it catches eye balls and contribute to your sale. Not only products, even services could be portrayed effectively through the IG, for example I am a roofer based in fort worth, I can display before and after photographs of my latest projects to make the most effective impact. This holds true for other services like interior decoration, plumbing, doctor, realtor etc. So go ahead, get some nice pictures displaying your product or service and proudly publish them in your IG account. Good Luck!

#24 Ron Pickle, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
  5. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the moment, instagram is surely a great platform to promote any kind of business. There are millions of instagram users worldwide and it is great way to reach very large number of people instantly.

6. iGalenInternational

iGalenInternational
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i totally avoid the instagram to promote the business. i think there facebook is better than instagram because through the instagram you just share images and videos of products but its very hard to generate the traffic on website or product page through the instagram.

7. alom

alom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have 2 Instagram accounts. The first one has been running for over a year now, the last is just 3 months so far. To be honest I am not considering these 2 as a great source of targeted traffic. It might be a worthy platform if you sell products and services, your texts are of high-quality, and your content is rich. Then, yeah, it may attract plenty of potential buyers. Otherwise it's just a waste of your time.

#27 alom, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2017
  8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

A lot depends on the type of business you are running. Products, as you mentioned, are a very good fit for Instagram, but some services are not, due to Instagram being a visual medium. With some services you can show pictures of your work. Others, such as accounting, are more cerebral than visual, and would not be a good fit.

9. RolandV

RolandV
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram could be used as an only traffic source for a small niche business. Myself I am a witness of many businesses like that.

Small niche businesses using Instagram to engage with customers who like their niche by liking or commenting peoples content and trust me it works so much as Instagram users engage back and most of the time checking your content because they are interested.

Just recently I worked with one lady she is selling lingerie type of clothes and made up her client circle just from Instagram without doing anything else but technique as I mentioned above.

It can also work on Twitter however it is not "follow me back" technique which everyone's laughing at it is when you engaging to peoples content by commenting, giving your honest, thoughtful answers.

Hope this helps