Can Instagram be used for small business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Himanshu Kashyap, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Himanshu Kashyap

Himanshu Kashyap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays Instagram users are increasing aggressively, so is it worth to spend time on Instagram for promoting your business or not?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. georgestanley032

georgestanley032
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are like offering products than services then Instagram can be your social platform. I've known a couple of business who are successful getting orders from Instagram. As you know people love pictures and if you think you are capable of marketing your products in Instagram then do it without any hesitation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have several businesses among the Instagram accounts I follow but it really depends on the type of business and, in my opinion, whether that business lends itself to interesting, high quality photography. Among the businesses and institutions that do it well, in my feed, are several museums and a few craft breweries. On the other hand, a local restaurant is botching it completely, as far as I am concerned. Their Instagram posts consist of such things as their logo or very boring pictures pictures. I plan to unfollow them

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AutoAdvisor

AutoAdvisor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram works for business both large and small. However some products are more effective on instagram. Regardless of your product, you need to create a theme for your instagram, so there is consistency and you are providing something of value that users want to follow and interact with

5. Himanshu Kashyap

Himanshu Kashyap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you are right as on Instagram people only show their interest on high-quality images and can you help me with some suggestions on how I can promote my web designing business on Instagram? Thanks!

6. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends on the type of business and your location. If you have an eCommerce business and customers all around the world, then it's a great idea to promote your web-site with instagram, as there are a lot of potential clients

7. Daisy Finn

Daisy Finn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram works for business both large and small. However, a few items are more powerful on Instagram. Notwithstanding your item, you have to make a topic for your Instagram, so there is consistency, and you are giving something of significant worth that clients need to take after and associate with

8. michaelandy

michaelandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, of course, you will use Instagram for your small business as well. Nowadays, social media channels are a preferable way to get more business leads without any hassle. So, it would be a great idea to spend time on Instagram and get more beneficial business responses.

#8 michaelandy, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
  9. florenceclarke

florenceclarke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram counted for professional as well as for personal social network. For the ease brand promotion or online marketing, Instagram widely used. For small business or startup, this social media platform preferred most.
    Moreover, it is counted for maximum lead platform.

10. Gaurav Dutt

Gaurav Dutt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram is very powerful when it comes to marketing but only certain industries can make max out of it. For industries like food, fashion and clothing, video games and others where content can shown visually, instagram is the best social media platform for marketing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jeff Rodburg

Jeff Rodburg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it would be helpful if you feature your work from your previous clients. Hopefully, they are clients that utilize instragram as one of their traffic sources.

12. YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, if you are like offering products than services then Instagram can be your best social platform. Nowadays Instagram users are growing antagonistically, so is it best to spend time on Instagram for endorsing your business.

13. J_Liu

J_Liu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey there, Himanshu!

Instagram is now considered a platform to introduce and promote businesses. A lot of big and small companies take advantage of the high number of users and the trend of using hashtags to be discovered.

Hope this helps!

14. Steven Taylor

Steven Taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I have used instagram for promoting one website. It wasn't exactly to sell something online but certainly i wanted to test it and i got mixed experience. I would say there are few category which really doing good in term of selling product but not all like if you have niche related to health, beauty products, fashion etc then instagram is surely a good place for you.

Cheers.
    Steve

15. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use promotions, and make sure your website has been properly been optimized for SEO. Have more links, content and that will help. Better to have 10 links from 10 other websites, vs. 10 links from one site. Keep your website updated and the sitemap's updated with bing and google.

16. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to be where your consumers are. And Instagram is the perfect place for most businesses -- retail, e-commerce, fashion, travel, hospitality, banks, real estate. Companies can benefit from the exposure they'd get when utilizing this social media platform. What industry does your business belong to?

17. Gary Cole

Gary Cole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, definitely. As a small business, take advantage of the free promotions and exposures. Instagram is one of the biggest platforms that can help you, max out the hashtags that you can use, follow people for them to follow back (can be automated, by the way).

18. Will Turner

Will Turner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely! As with any marketing you just need to make sure that your target audience is using that mode, and if they will be receptive to your business there. Remember if you are a new business your primary goal should be to EDUCATE people before just building brand awareness. You can do this on Instagram with quick instructional messages with a hook that lead to your website.

19. zzzsmokeyzzz

zzzsmokeyzzz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen an increase since we started using instagram for showing products and selling. I would recommend it for sure to anyone selling products.

20. Sadiq Yousef

Sadiq Yousef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Instagram is very helpful for a small as well as a large business. You can find many users who may be interested in the products you offer. It's one of the best sources of marketing.