can i start my own business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by lolunselin, Aug 14, 2012.

1. lolunselin

lolunselin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

t's my dream to start my own business. but the problem is my family situation. i am good debtor by birth. and i have to help my family. but am just 19. so i will get time. but the real problems is, in that mean time i believe i can't prepare to start the business, because of my situation. business is my dream. so i need some suggestions please help me.

2. qasexperian

qasexperian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If that is really your dream, you will make time for it. Any free time in a day, you should devote it to developing your business idea and strategy.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Almost anyone can start their own business. Are there any particular types of business that interest you? What about starting a blog or providing an online service?

4. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are still very young like me, if it's always been your dream to own a business you can always make it happen once you have the financial stability to. Like I mentioned you are still young and overtime maybe 10-15 years from now you'd have that stability to fulfill your dream. Just remember, if you dream it you can live it. You just need to be dedicated and put in the work. :)

5. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what kind of business,you want to start..first,develop your business idea..
    anyone can start business.But you must have strong financial planning.start with small business and only in that field,in which you are really interested.understand customer demand and try to satisfy their need..otherwise you can take help of business consultant,he will take you to the right direction..

6. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every business involves risk -- if you think you can afford some loss (since there is always a possibility of loss) you can go ahead and launch your business.

7. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Something that might help:

First, write down what you want to do and try to be as specific as possible. The more specific and detailed, the more you can see the workability (or not) of your ideas.

Then, once you get something that seems doable, make steps towards your dream. It's only a dream because you haven't done it yet. Once you start actually doing it or achieving it, it becomes reality. So taking steps towards it is how you make it happen.

If, once you start moving, something about your plan/ideas need to be tweaked, then do that. Many ideas that start out one way, develop into another direction. Often times it ends up being better than originally thought to be.

• Like Like x 1
  8. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its good to be passionate about being successful but at the same time be very realistic. Before starting a new business, first you should know pros and cons of that business then only you can be successful. Gather as much information as possible. This will help you in making sound decisions.

9. Catherine

Catherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the answer is absolute YES! nobody can stop you to pursue your dreams even though they are your parents. first you can have a try to talk with your families, tell them your dream and I think most parents would respect their children`s opinion. but if it does not work, you can also gather more experience while working for families and do some small business, and you can employ a new person instaed of you. the future is on your own hands, grasp it and fulfill it . Go for it!

10. rushordertees

rushordertees
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If its really your dream then you can start your business now, but you have some money that you start your business, motivate on it, and just go.

11. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree on what they said, if it's really your dream, make it happen. It should never stop with just dreaming, you have to make it a reality. :) - secretstaff.com

12. kennyschwimmer

kennyschwimmer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good choice. Go ahead, but make sure you choose the flatform and you have done your market research properly.

13. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you really want to do it you will make it happen. Even if you work on it in your spare time while you do other work, don't let the dream die.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry Kenny, but I'm not sure that I fully understand you, what do you mean by "flatform"?

15. rushordertees

rushordertees
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also couldn't understand the meaning of "flatform"? , please explain.

16. kennyschwimmer

kennyschwimmer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am sorry my mistake guys. I meant a good platform and currently its online platforms which can help you grow your business maybe worldwide.

17. dustinbabich

dustinbabich
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re: Can i start my own business?

Starting your business is a great and profitable idea. The best way for an entrepreneur is to get a franchisee. It will help you to hold the market soon after starting your business as it gives you a brand name that is already grown up and popular in the market.

18. dogexpert

dogexpert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone i am new in this forum but I am a therapist and specializes in the placement of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech language pathologists in medical settings across the United States.

19. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may find the MAIR model a useful way to plan for your business - I have posted some notes below. Best wishes, Mark.

The basic idea is that you explore four 'interactive variables': Motivation, Abilities, Ideas and Resources. Clearly, each has a critical role to play in its own right:

Motivation: I guess that's what separates thinkers and dreamers for actors and doers... The willingness to really go out and work hard, often under conditions of little short term reward and lots of uncertainty, seems to be one of the hallmarks of successful entrepreneurs.

Abilities: We could start a whole separate thread on this - what are the key abilities that make a successful entrepreneur - no doubt a mix of both hard and soft skills.

Ideas: Arguably, these need to be clearly rooted in a market need to be valid, although, there are some business that seem to be product-led rather than market-led... fashion, any Apple product, the Rubik's cube...

Resources: Entrepreneurs are kind of hamstrung until they get resources behind them. I guess we automatically think of cash here, but skills, knowledge and contacts can make a lot of difference to.

...but you also need to think about how these factors interact - a good idea is of limited value, without the motivation and resources to turn it into a business and this is where the final components of the MAIR model come into play: Planning and Organisation! Arguably, this is the real job of the entrepreneur. Bringing all the factors together to create something that didn't exist before, and may just change the world!

I hope you find this model interesting or useful.

20. rushordertees

rushordertees
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK, but what you mean by online platform? Is there any sites which help.