Can I open a business on a rental property?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by vikkyrunnerr, Apr 17, 2013.

1. vikkyrunnerr

vikkyrunnerr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Im planning to open a Dog Daycare soon and Im curious if Ill be able to rent and run my business from there, or if I have to lease commercial space or buy. Im not really in a position to take on an enormous lease and am not ready to purchase a house at this time. Im planning to open in Portland, Oregon. Thanks!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum vikkyrunnerr. Lots of business owners rent or lease their business premises, it is by no means necessary to own your own business premises. You could start your search for a suitable rental property, by contacting local estate agents and looking through local classified ads.

Does that answer your question?

3. nickol

nickol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you can run your business on rental property and there is no illegal issue to do it. Mostly businessmen prefer to start a new business on rental property. And Dog Daycare seems a good business. Wish you best of luck.

4. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey vikkyrunner,
    you can open your business at the rental property by giving lease,there is no problem at all untill and unless there is good tuning between you and landlord:)

5. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes!! You can open your business at rental property like lots of other people do. Find trusted landlord and start your Dog Care business.

Best Of Luck for your business!!

6. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes! Ofcourse, you can do that. But I think you must ask your landlord first. While people in USA, UK and other countries might find the concept understandable, landlords from countries like India and other east Asian countries might find the idea disturbing. people there arent as open minded as the rest of them are. We cant blame them, its based on a lot of cultural facets.

All the best!