Can I loose weight??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by TimB, Nov 30, 2012.

1. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys I need your help!

I work at a marketing firm as the Brand Marketer, My job timings are not fixed and i have to work like 10-11 hours daily. All day long I sit on my chair working for the last 3 months. Recently I had some chest infection, i went to the doctor he said you are extremely fat and you need to put down some weight.

Now seriously I want to exercise and swim, but i don't have the time to go and exercise 1 hour daily. It is very important for me to reduce weight or ill be having heart issues. Can I reduce weight without exercise. I don't eat much just the regular lunch and dinner, sometimes breakfast. But I am still gaining weight as i dont exercise one bit.

Please help me !!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

TimB as you most probably know a healthy diet is not just about how much you eat, but also what you eat. I had similar weight gain issues in the past and I found that making a few simple changes helped a lot. I cut out sugary snacks and cereal bars during the day and ate fruit instead and I ate smaller portions for my main meal. Those two changes alone helped me significantly to stop gaining weight.

You say that you don't have time to exercise and I know from personal experience that life can be difficult and it is not easy to find the time. Would it be possible for you to go for a walk in the mornings before you go to work? If not, perhaps you could go for a walk during your lunch break or in the evenings. If you could do a half hour walking per day it should help you a lot. I was quite surprised to see a health promotion poster recently that claimed that three ten minute walks during the day are as good as one 30 minute walk. Perhaps you can fit in ten minute walks at some stage during your day?

Getting healthy exercise can help us become more efficient at work and hence resulting in us needing to spend less time at work to achieve the same results. If you can build some healthy exercise into your life, you might find that it actually frees up time for you.

Do you work weekends, or would you be free to do some exercise then?

Good luck with your endeavours.

3. mushroomcloud

mushroomcloud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi TimB, its sound like you might need to make some lifestyle changes and give some things up to make time to exercise. Going to a fitness class after work and meeting people with the same goals of losing weight might help you to stay motivated.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. psrb4u

psrb4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Then go on dieting and hire some trainer for your Yoga exercise. Yoga will be the best option for you.

5. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot, I have been following your suggestions and I feel the start of the change. Its not like two day would change my world. But I am feeling less pressure on my chest since i have started walking. I have started going office on foot, Its like three blocks away from where I live. Plus now I go on lunch breaks on foot too, so its nice to see myself walking and enjoying life.

I really believe the shot spans walks are good for me!

• Like Like x 1
  6. JacksonHuston

JacksonHuston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exercice is the best way to lose weight!

7. aliceroth025

aliceroth025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many tips around the net that could help you. What have I done when I was getting fat is first avoid eating fast food restaurants because someone told me that there is a big difference when you eat a homemade food and eating in fast food. Next is drink plenty of water rather than those cola, pack and power juice (citrus juice from fruits are ok). With exercise, swimming is good, you can do it every Saturday maybe 2 to 3 hours. during bedtime you can go skipping (like what you normally do in jumping rope) say 5 mins before sleeping. Cardio-exercise is the best way to reduce fats all over your body.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done Tim, that really is fantastic and I'm delighted that you are going in the right direction. The important thing is to improve a little every week or month.

It is much better to improve slowly over time than to make sudden drastic changes that don't last. My approach to a healthy diet and exercise, is to not set any dates to my efforts. I try to make small permanent changes that improve my health over the long term.

Good luck with it and keep it up.

9. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Weigh loos is very important for you. My yenger brother had same problem like you. he has lot of weight. But now he is loos his weight around 30 kg... It's very difficult to loos your weight. But he done it. By doing proper gym Diet n patience. All is very important for it. According your timing if you doing only diet is not enghf only. You need gym. If you don't have time for it. than do running or walking every day at least 1 hour. Try this things.....

• Like Like x 1
  10. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That problem that it sounds like you are having is that you are looking for an easy way out. Everyone wants to lose weight without changing their diets or exercising. If it were that easy then there would be many more people walking around looking like supermodels. Until you make it a PRIORITY in your life, it will be difficult to see the results. I tell the same thing to people when offering financial advice. Everyone wants to be rich and thin, but not everyone has the discipline to make it a priority.

11. kishoreshere

kishoreshere
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yoga and doing exercises is the way to lose weight

12. aliceroth025

aliceroth025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many meters exact does per block measures because the size of a city block has not been standardized by the likes of the ISO organization

Yes, I heard that Yoga is a good way to lose weight and become flexible but haven't tried it yet. You get sweaty while just doing different postures.

13. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you tried the Mediterranean diet diet? It works like magic and you exercise only a few hours per week. Here is an short insight about the magical Mediterranean diet

This out of the ordinary diet is known as Mediterranean diet. It includes wholesome foods and drinks such as red wine, vegetable oils, olives, avocados, seeds and nuts. Other foods in the plan are vegetables, choice fruits, grains, low-fat animal products, dark chocolate and white meat.
    Cutting on cardiovascular exercises and skipping your strength training routine also puts you at risk of pilling excess fat in your mid-section.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Were you asking me that question aliceroth025? I don't live in the US so I'm not personally familiar with the length of a block. Wikipedia says the following;

I like the sound of that diet already :)