Can i get your reply?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sjzllc00, Oct 26, 2011.

1. sjzllc00

sjzllc00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very happy to know this forum, and would love to get help from this forum too.
    I am a sales girl in China, export all kinds of custom baseball caps.
    My daliy work is looking for the companies or people who are interesting in my products.
    If he sent to me inquiry, then i will give her /him quotation.
    Now i know how to find my potential clients and try to contact them;
    But when i gave him pirce, then nothing reply i got.
    This is a big trouble for me. Many many inquiries i can get, but very seldome inquires become orders.
    I do not know what i should do when the clients got my quotation but did not give me any feedback.
    I do not know that is why?
    In fact my price is compectitive;
    Also quality is no proble too. He can give me any tips so that what i should adjust. But nothing i can get .
    Recently i got an inquiry from Australia, he wanted 3000pcs caps too, i gave him all the detailes( price, delivery time, set up fee).
    He did not say no for my pirce and set up fee. He made a good talking with me.
    So i told him to pay the set up fee firstly and i can make a sample cap for him.
    But 1 week past, no any information from him. I have sent to him twice email ,today i donot know what i can do?
    Ps: this clients is the finish clients, he has a school, he wanted caps for his student.
    If you are my clients, could you tell me what you are thinking when you got my quotation?
    You hope what i can provide so that we can conclude this order?
    Also is there any adivce can give me to deal with this kind of problems?

Thanks too much.

2. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe the best advice could be given after we have a look at the quotation. Do you have a website too? Where people can have a look at the samples an variety that you could offer?

3. sjzllc00

sjzllc00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

#3 sjzllc00, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well, what i will say that is normally people perhaps to get the free sample first before you make a mass order. if possible, suggest your company provide one or two piece free sample for the potential customer for them to check on the quality and ensure that you are not scammer. That's hard for the buyer to pay the money without knowing your company well, too many scammer around the world make the buyer worry.

By the way, consider to use escrow if possible which is safe for both party

5. Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I impressed by your hardworking and big achievements. Such a very nine job

6. sjzllc00

sjzllc00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Last last week, client has a reply. He said his bank did not support Western Union.
    As far as i know, he will need to go the WU's agent in Australia.
    So i gave him the WU's website and Agents in Australia 's weblink.
    I hope my effort can solve his problem.
    But i think he did not want to buy from me sincerely. He did not replied me once again and reported the updates news.
    I do not know what is he thinking. But i think i have done what i can think.
    Any news i will share here.

Thanks every one.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can see that not many trading company located in China are accepting paypal, wondering why dont the company accept the paypal, it can definitely increase your sales

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the problem starts on your location. If I were to look for custom baseball caps, I'll look for local sellers, not international. That might be one of the reasons. Although you are from China, we all know that China sells cheap stuffs, we can't really say about the shipping prices and of course, the quality.

Haven't you got any local customers? I think it's much better if you start first locally.

Pretty much weird. They can withdraw the funds on their bank and send it to the nearest WU branch. Is that hard to do?
    I guess your customers need to say "NO" instead of letting you wait countless hours and days on their replies.

9. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you know who your competitors are? If yes I'd suggest you call them and pretend you are interested in a big order. There may be something that they are offering to potential customers that you aren't. If your prices are pretty decent then there must be a reason why they are going to another company. Find out what it is, and try to match that by doing something better, you want to give your potential customers an incentive to buy from you.

10. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are your competitors?

11. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess this is the trouble with online business. It's easy to ignore people and of course there is nothing forcing you to reply to an email. Your product looks good but I think the issue is you have and will always have enquiries that are never followed by orders. I think this is just the nature of online communication unfortunately, it's easy to ignore people. You need a way of securing orders or if you are sending samples then have some sort of deposit in place. The banking issue also needs to be looked into.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true there. There are even times that inquiries never get any replies...

13. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's one thing for sure, you cannot control the internet and you can never be sure who's behind the scene. A competitor can send you an email as a potential buyer and get your quotation on your products and you would never know.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agree. Nothing much to affair regarding the competitor as long as the product is in good quality and cheap price

15. shockgarden143

shockgarden143
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never tell your client the entire quotation just tell him the price of one piece at a time because it sound little affordable.For example if one sale person offer you that mam i have a service of missed call alert and you have to pay $30 per month and another sale person say mam i have a service of missed call alert and you have to pay $1 per day then what will you prefer.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both is just the same so it's really hard to choose. If it's pay per service, per day, and I'm getting a few calls, I'll go with the per day basis. But if I get many calls a day/month, I'll go with the one off pay.

17. sjzllc00

sjzllc00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear all, thanks for your help.
    4 month later, i got that order.
    And this client has given me his second order again this year.
    He likes my caps ,just he made this business slowly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hellohot

hellohot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does your quotation include transport and customs clearance fees, duties and VAT? It may be cheaper or say effort free to buy locally so they are asking you a price just to compare with little willingness to buy from abroad. It could be a different story for huge quantities where efforts of importing are worthwile. Why don't you look for an agent in each country who can deal with the clients and sell to them "locally".

19. storeowner

storeowner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It could be the combination of "Western Union" and a cheaper price makes them think its a scam. If you have some successful orders, you should be sure some good testimonials get put online for you. Also, you should consider accepting credit cards somehow online if you don't already. Lastly, I agree it might be nice to send out a free sample before accepting a large order from someone.

• Like Like x 1