Can I buy

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by silent_thunder, Aug 31, 2008.

1. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This domain dictionary.info is on sale for $30 can I buy it?? If I buy it can I sell it later?? or even built a site using it??

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, you can certainly buy it if the owner is willing to sell it. You should check who the domain is registered with and if they provide a free service for transferring domain ownership. In the same way that you buy it, you can also sell it later.

If you get a hosting account and learn the basics of webdesign or pay someone to build a site for you, there is nothing to stop you putting a site on that domain.

$30 for dictionary.info, sounds like a very good deal, perhaps too good. Are you sure that the person who is selling it actually owns it and has the right to sell it? Be careful that you are not scammed. Ask the seller if he / she will push the domain to you before you make payment. If they wont agree to this, ask if they will accept half payment in advance and the second half once you receive the domain, in this way you both share the risk of the transaction.

You might find this thread on website buying to be of some use.

3. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If You don't know if You should buy it, then I recommend You NOT to buy it. Obviously You have not very much idea about the value of domains. Buy 10 cheap domains (2$ per .info) at godaddy. Try to sell these, then You will learn something about the value of domains.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What an excellent suggestion. It is easy to talk about what something is worth, but in reality it is only worth what you can get someone to pay for it.

5. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes!! well I am not loking to sell the domain once I had bought it I am looking to built a website!! I know a little bit of server side programming plus I very good at SEO and internet marketing..I am looking to make money buy building a website

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's a good domain and the price does seem very reasonable. So if you can afford it and have a plan in mind for making money from a site on that domain, I'd say go for it. Just be careful that the seller has a good reputation and has the legal right to sell it.

I've just had a look at the site on http://www.dictionary.info/ it looks like a pretty good site that a lot of effort has been put into, are you sure it's for sale for $30?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something.