Can I add more categories to my blog?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by magician661, Sep 18, 2013.

1. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a bit confused about my blog. I want to add some categories like earn money online, SEO, blogging tips and tricks,etc...Can I add them to my present blog or you prefer me to create a new blog for this? Presently I write about some of the coolest jobs in the world. My blog is in my signature.

2. Jason Parms

Jason Parms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen your blog’s link and by blog’s name it is good to post content related to your blog topic only. Hence you should avoid making category in your present blog which you have listed in this thread because they totally irrelative from the name of your blog. It will remain good to make diverse blogs for the categories which you have already listed.

Blogging is one of the best offpage activities of the SEO hence there is no need to make two different blog but you should choose that type of name for the blog which seems relative to these both categories.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with Jason. Your Weird Jobs blog is on a specific and interesting topic and I feel that it would take away from your blog, to start diluting that content with posts on another topic. In my opinion your blog will be more successful if it is focused on a particular topic. Perhaps you would consider starting a personal blog, that could cover a more diverse range of topics. How does that sound to you?

• Like Like x 1
  4. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know that my blog is on interesting topic but its hard to get much content for long term on such a specific topic. I have created another blog that can consist many other categories, I am presently working on its design. I hope I can start posting articles to it by the end of the week.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As your blog name is weird-jobs and the content is related to jobs, I don't think other categories would be of much help. Also, SEO wouldn't be much useful for other categories. You can go for other blog name which can input all categories.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cathysmith

cathysmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blog does not support categories but has only comes with labels, it is done manually by selecting key words individually.

7. VishalBhatt123

VishalBhatt123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have already blog name weired-job.blogspot.in than don't create other blog for some specific category. If you have many visitor to this blog site than create category in this site and make a plan for marketing this new category.

So, people visit your blog for this new categories content and information.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry, but I'm not sure that I understand your post, can you please explain what you mean by "labels"?

9. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It may not be that hard, if you expand your approach a bit more. The topic is, indeed, very interesting and it would be a pity not to make most of it.

There are at least 3 kinds of subjects you may want to consider:

First, that you're already partially doing, is simply presenting the jobs. However, you can try finding weird jobs that already have large communities talking and searching for any new information available about them, like ghost hunter, bounty hunter, alien negotiator (there are people trained to lead negotiations during a possible contact with an extraterrestrial life form, who would have thought?) or also have a look on Discovery Channel and Animal Planet to get inspired (they do present unusual events and unusual people that do unusual jobs for a living).

Second, you can try interviewing representatives that actually do that job. It would be great if you could find the ones that already have an audience and ask them to share the interview article after publishing it on your blog (this should send you a great amount of traffic, too). You can even build a standard interview format, with standard questions (asking them to describe the job, to share what was the most weird thing that happened to them during their career etc.). You can send the same form to several prospects, asking them to fill it up.

Third, think about extreme technology and science fiction. You may find out about weird jobs (real or fictional) that can become very popular in the future. For example, there was a sci-fi film I've seen recently where 80% of the population of the world had the same job - riding a bicycle to produce electricity. It may look strange to us, now, but who knows?...

Regarding the new sections that you would like to add, I agree with Jason and Fergal, it is better to build another blog for them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may add different categories too but you have to update all topics regularly then.
    Its upto you how you handle the visitors.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

currently your blog domain name contain job word so you only add category related to job keyword like making money online and SEO tips not good to add current blog you can make new blog