Can Blogs Still Succeed?

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by nicknite86, Apr 30, 2010.

1. nicknite86

nicknite86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The great difference between a blog and a traditional static website is interactivity and content. With a static site it’s just the viewers reading the page, but on the other hand a blog can pull in your visitor into a world of interaction. When you have a blog your visitor will be able to give feedback through a comment feature and look forward to future content. The only real problem is that to establish a profitable and highly visited blog that is capable of loyal readership it takes time and dedication. But the realistic thing about it is this goal is very possible, and not only is it possible but it could also be fun once you put things into place. So following three rules below could possibly build a blog that is worthy of repeat visitors and even fans that will definitely make your blogging experience worth the effort.

#1) Content is Key

All throughout high school and college I always devoted myself to writing for the fun of it, even to a point where many professors recommended me to be a professional writer. My point is that in order to have a successful blog of any type the content is always key. You must be able to write good content that attracts and sucks in your reader so you can not only create repeat visits but a loyal fan base. So if your content is less than average, there is no way people are going to return or read again, and in this internet age there are millions of other blogs that are waiting for a friendly click. The good news is that you don’t have to be a good writer and neither do you have to pay close attention to perfect grammar and spelling; this isn’t English Class. Nevertheless, the success factor is that you write interesting content that is able to surpass any grammatical errors. This can be done by giving your real thoughts and opinions on a subject or certain niche.

In addition, the more people that like your content the higher the chance they will link to you, and the more people that link to you the higher your ranking in Google will be. Thus, great content will ultimately expand your readership and fan base to unimaginable levels if you put in the effort.

#2) Open to Comments
    Just by surfing the web casually today could take you into an ocean filled with blogs, but the sad part is many of these blogs have the comment section closed. Closing the comment box is the worst mistake you can do in regards to blogs. Many reasons bloggers may close the comment box is to avoid spammers, but although it can be a lot of work to get rid of spammers it is taking out what bloggers are all about. The entire idea of writing blogs is having a public audience that can write back and speak their minds. An internet without people speaking their minds and giving “2” cents on a particular topic is a dead internet in today’s world. Youtube, Myspace, Twitter, and the world of social media have opened a vast outlet of communication that has no end in sight. If people can contribute to the topic by building conversations between each other and with yourself; the blogger, then this is a sign that you are on the way for a much larger and interested following. Since people will not always agree with your blog there is a possibility that a dispute can arise, and disputes are mostly storms of thought and opinion; thus attracting curiosity to the dispute and blog alike from many people.

#3) Guest Blogger
    Using mass traffic from well liked blogs is another way to increase blog success and gain exposure online. If there is a great blog in your niche that is liked and commented on by many individuals, then this means you could use the traffic. Writing to the owner of the blog and asking to write guest posts can help to establish a relationship. By asking the writer to guest post you can initiate a relationship where that blogger will be more than likely willing to let you guest post and give you a link back to your blog. Of course, this will increase your traffic and rankings in the search engines, but it will also enable you to “borrow” readers to add to a future fan base.

In short, blogging is a great for any internet marketing business. It can be that interactive exposure with the reader and average person that will provide your business with credibility and a human voice. The process of learning how to create loyal readership is extremely important in that succeeding with it will determine whether your blog survives or thrives.

2. rehan507

rehan507
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that the importance of blogs are not lessened because blogs contained great information for the readers. So every internet user search for blogs for their desire information and contribute by leaving comments over there. Although you have been made a good statics on the topic.

3. antonclovelly

antonclovelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The blog follower is most effective key in blog optimization. it shows how must your blog is interesting. because people like to read interesting article on blog and the daily updating blog help you to generate good visitor on your page.

4. brutus954

brutus954
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The entire idea of writing blogs is having a public audience that can write back and speak their minds. An internet without people speaking their minds and giving “2” cents on a particular topic is a dead internet in today’s world.

5. kiwistech

kiwistech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes True, blogs are of great importance and i believe they will always be. Because blogs provide you the real material of your interest. I am interested in fashion and home making' i am also interested in IT and technology' so i curiously search for these blogs on internet.

6. kaamil20

kaamil20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it is still succeed.

7. igiritam

igiritam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obviously blog can play a vital role in SEO. The right and unique content needed for blog posting.

Thanks.

8. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, as compared to the Article submission, blog submission can help you to increase the traffic and ranking of a website. If your blog is having unique content and optimized properly, you can rank well in Google SERPs.

9. georgestanley032

georgestanley032
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I do believe having a blog/blogs will make someone successful. With the right and interesting content added to the blog regularly, a blog owner may be able to maintain its success. The more people interested in what's in your blog, the more it will be more successful.

10. nicewan

nicewan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogs will only go from strength to strength, imo. Some of the money people make from them is unreal.

11. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By their nature they provide a unique way for knowledge/expertise distribution, an interactive content if you will, at least the good ones. Blogs that post information without user interaction might not do so well. Now a little clarification, when I said "interactive" I did not mean necessarily Q & A portion of a blog post, but also the fact that bloggers need to react to readers needs to stay current and in demand. (Just my 3 cents).

12. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Blog is the right medium to convey your thoughts to the audience writing crisp content without boring them. Technology firms still use blogs as a medium to nurture their clients with industry updates, product news, latest happenings about the company.

13. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogs play very important role to bring traffic for your site and its existence still very beneficial for Website owners,Because concerned users still searching for it for their requirements.As a developer i will say that blogs are still on a successful track

14. MattPel

MattPel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogs still work very well. You just need to make sure that the content you write is appealing to your target audience.

15. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And you must also be sure that the article that was written is somehow in the trend of the latest events or issues so that it can be more searchable.

16. robertmiker

robertmiker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of-course blogs are still success way.

17. Jude Richardson

Jude Richardson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes... Just make sure that your blog is up to date and informative..

18. andymorey

andymorey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content is a best part of every blog. Do write regular content to your blog.

19. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Depends on which content you have. Most blogs now are just click baits.