Can anything become a business.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by manishsqrt, Jun 8, 2015.

1. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of my uncle is a very successful businessman in our country, he owns a mobile manufacturing company which i won't write the name here as i am in no mood to advertise(the company is already popular so i don't need to).I often talk to him and i must agree that i have some fantasies and glamour regarding money in my mind.When i talk to him i myself feel that i may be talking greed.But he usually looks calm and cool.One day he told me a very surprising facts.I asked him what really do you feel is necessary for a business, and he told me 'nothing'. I was surprised to here that and the first thing that came up in my mind was that he is just talking like some smart businessman and don't want to reveal the secrets.But he proceeded and said anything can be made a business, you just need to have this nothingness in your mind, this nothingness helps you to focus on your work else than any other activities of this world.If you will not worry about anything you will worry about nothing and then nothing can stop you in dedicating yourself to your business.And this pure dedication can make any task, work service into a brand.
    I was influenced by this quote, but i still want to have others opinion on it.Just try to be more true in your opinion and less logical.

2. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no secrets for successful business. you just need to dedicate yourself for doing any business.

3. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's true that just about anything can be turned into a business. Nowadays many folks are turning their favorite hobbies into a source of income, eventually growing them into large, successful businesses. I can understand where your uncle is coming from, I don't believe that he truly focuses on 'nothing'. What he is really doing is being present and in the moment, he clears his mind so that he doesn't allow any other thoughts to dissuade him from reaching his goals. This is a very common tactic used by many successful people around the world.

4. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Almost nowdays. I think that with the internet and the era of social medias everything can be shared thus if you make a service that is likely to be popular and people likes it and use it then it will be a cake making it popular and viral in a very short time period.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like @Damien Lee said, there a a lot of people these days that are turning their hobbies into a form of income I think this does show that you can turn most things into a business if you put your mind to it.

A lot of people might not want the hassle when it comes to starting up their own business, it's certainly not for everybody and many people will just rather be an employee and not have to deal with the stress.

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Almost anything can become a business with the right set of skills, knowledge and work ethic. However, it is better to focus on what potential customers need rather than what you want to sell.

7. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is true also. One thing that would worry me if I had to start my own business is the fact of the stress to not fail as you have an high amount of responsability behind your back that will always affect your behaviors in some manners.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are thinking of turning a hobby into a business, you don't have to jump straight in though. A lot of people start off making an bit if extra money in there spare time, see how that goes.

If it starts to get popular and you realise that you do have the chance to make a full time income, then you obviously have a decision to make.