Can anyone help me in getting this site crawled better?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by greighuge, Jun 4, 2010.

1. greighuge

greighuge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am new to the whole area of SEM and I have been hired by a company to handle their website. Though I have learnt a lot with these forums, the client’s website doesn’t seem to display any search rankings and needs to be rebuilt completely.

Why is this site not showing in search results? Would I have greater results if I reduced the keyword density? It would be better for me to focus on the most important things, which are backlinks isn’t it? Is there someone who can help me to get this website crawled and ranked well in the popular search engines out there?

2. ConradGarrett

ConradGarrett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, you must stick to 2% keyword density for each content. You can have lesser keyword density, but you must never exceed 2%. I maybe wrong about this, but I think if you have too many keywords in your site, Google sometimes consider your site as spam. For me, proper keyword density is as important as backlinking.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

greighuge do you know if the site is indexed in Google?

I understand if you'd prefer keep it confidential, but please reply to let us know if you can share the website address with us. If you'd prefer not tell us the address, please let us know what niche it is in.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

let us know what site is this. and let us know which keyword you want your site to rank
    if you're my competitor, then forget it lolz :D kidding

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I mean no offense, but if you were hired by this company to handle their website, you should be able to tell them why their website is not ranked. Since it needs to be rebuilt completely, knowing how to get a site ranked will help immensely in the re-design.

Why is it not showing in the search results? How old is the old site? If a site is several years old and is not ranked, the number, and quality, of the links could be the problem. Or, if no one is updating the site on a regular basis, it could be the lack of fresh content.

For obvious reasons, you do not want to reveal the site here, but if you can PM me with the URL, I can take a look at the site and see if I can help you out.

6. nirose

nirose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well did you try submitting a sitemap of your site to google and yahoo. this generally helps and try linking with related sites which greatly helps to rank for the keyword you're targeting.

And see it the site's loaded with images or not as you should add more text with keywords rather than images.

hope these helps.