Can any one plz give me genuine review for my new blog?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by facerecpromo, Feb 23, 2010.

1. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello to all of you..
    Warm Good Morning...

This is my new Blog:
    http://marugujrat.blogspot.com

Blog About: Gujarat (Gujarat is a state where I live in India)
    Blog Will Include: All things about my state Gujarat. Places, Hotels, NGOs, Industries, People, Lifestyle, Culture.. etc... In short everything which represents my state.
    Blog Idea: From long time I wanted to have a dedicated blog for my state because I love My state Gujarat.:)

I am asking for review because I want to make it better and better.. so I am looking for some ideas from all of You. at the same time I want to know if is this a feasible idea or not?

All your inputs are most welcome..
    plz review it matters a lot to me..
    Thanx in advance..:):):)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Congratulations on starting your blog facerecpromo. It's a good start and the main thing you need to do now is to add more quality content to it. Keep writing posts that your will be of interest to your visitors. I'd suggest that you focus on content for the moment and only start promoting your blog, once you have added more posts to it.

Your blog is on a very popular Blogger template and it would help to give your blog a bit more individuality if you used a different template or if you customised the current template in some way. You can find links to quality Blogger templates in our Useful Online Business Resources thread. You will also find other helpful blogging related links in that thread and the 0 to $500 one contains great tips on how to grow your blog.

You asked if we feel that your blog is a "feasible idea", can you please explain that a little, are you asking if your blog can be popular, if it can be profitable or if it can be both popular and profitable? What are your objectives for your blog? I believe that you can achieve all those things, if you are dedicated to your blog and work hard to grow and promote it.

Good luck with it and I hope you get some more helpful reviews from our members.

[Moving thread to our Website & Graphic Reviews forum]

3. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanx a lot Fergal for such a helpful review..
    and I m so................. happy that you are the first one who is following my blog (other one is my hubby :))

Well I m asking if it is feasible idea or not in terms of both popularity and profitability (in long future).

Currently I am learning about adsense (This is self project I have taken for me for 3 months). So I want to implement adsense (in Future) on my blog to get practical idea on adsense. This is the main purpose of this blog but when I ask others that can personal blog earn through adsense most of the answers were negative. So I m confuse now.. :(

I have bookmark "Useful Online Business Resources" thread. It is very helpful. Thanx a lot for this suggestion and I m also looking for Templates but I can't afford paid one so as I go good free template I will shift to it.

Thankuuuuu... Fergal..

I am looking more suggestions from all members here..
    please review my blog...

4. houstonVijai

houstonVijai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello facerecpromo,

welcome to the blogworld. There are tons of blogs out there in various topics but only 60% of blogs speaks the real truth and share real knowledge and experience from real world. From my blog experience and currently own 2 website blogs and maintain many other blogs, if you keep your content original and authentic you will attract good followers and commenters.

Using my usual evaluation method,

Content - You started out with good content sharing talking about your experience and sharing pics. Thats good. Keep up that and add more by starting an habit of posting every 2 days or 3 days and google will pick up your new content. Content is the king for blogs.

Organization - This template is decent but you might want to search around and find more attractive and decent one. You can also play around with menus to show archives and other things.

Delivery - Try to avoid any grammer or spelling mistakes. Thats my petpeeve and I myself is not perfect in this one. But keeping your content good adds value with the readers. I know you are playing with the blog thing right now and it takes time to get an hang of it. Try to make it bit professional or something which reflects your type and blogs topic.

Effectiveness - Talk about only specific topics at a time and don't go beyond that. If you can expand and add useful links and resourcs and make people to come back to you blog, thats going to be winner for you.

Hope this helps. There are lot of things you can do with blogs which has grown so much but don't get this ruin your spirit, just add periodic content getting over lost of interest spike which happens with any bloggers.

Vijai

5. Clinton

Clinton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent advice in the thread so far.

And congrats on starting your blog.

I'll make a suggestion based on years of experience monetising websites:
    Focus on your money pages.

With many sites the vast majority of pages don't contribute a lot to the profit but a small handful do. On your site I'd source high paying keywords - say hotels in Gujarat, flight deals, car rentals - and do a very good, very solid information page on each.

You can then continue to create great content and build traffic but those money pages are the ones that will, in due course, make all the effort worthwhile and those are the ones you'll keep linking to in your posts.

6. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all the topic of the blog is very good and I also feel proud to be a Gujarati and that is nice of you to start a blog for Gujarat. I have few advice for you to help you improve it more.

Template: The template really looks bad and it needs to be improved you can check more resources for Blogger template as there are many good ones available there. I have few resources which will help you finding one good for your blog. You can looks here:

http://www.bloggertemplatesfree.com/
    http://freetemplates.blogspot.com/
    http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2009/08/101-awesome-free-blogger-templates.html
    http://www.instantshift.com/2009/03/09/120-best-free-blogger-templates-around/
    http://btemplates.com/

There are many free templates there.

Widgets: One of the reason template looks bad is because your blog looks empty. You can always try using some widgets in Blogger and also you can also place various ads like Adsense and others.

Thanks And Hope it helps.

7. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanx sahil...
    As u suggested me, I hv change my template. So many thanx for this suggestion. For widgets I have to learn more as I m new to blogging, but I will surely work on It.

For adsense: I am thinking if I get regular visitors, I can set. So I hope people here in Gujarat, India like my blog and I get some visitors. But it is a big challenge for me also b'coz here in Gujarat people dnt much aware about blogs.. so I hope I get success.

For getting ads: I dnt know where to go? I m still wondering and searching.. I am also confuse that will someone give e ad to place as my blog is new.

If you know how can I get ad plz tell me. It will be big help.
    Thank You Sahil for guiding me.

8. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am also from Gujarat so I know that there are really less number of people using internet here and also who uses it don't know about website and anything they just know about Google and playing games. :D

But, you can get international viewers to your blog who are Gujarati's and now staying in other countries. (NRI's). Or also the people who likes Indian culture especially Gujarat.

The new design of the blog looks good then earlier and that's good that you changed it.

For Getting Ads: You can go to various forums for it or you can also write that on your blog, in the sidebar. You can always try the forums as they are best medium, in BAF you can advertise it here. Or you can try other webmaster forums like forums.digitalpoint.com or netbuilders.org.

Thanks and Hope that helps. :)

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sahil has given you some great advice on this. You could promote your ad slots on the various webmaster and trading forums listed in our Useful Online Business Resources thread. You will also see that there is a list of ad networks in that thread. You could check them out and if any of them appear to be relevant for your blog, you could apply to join their network.

You should also include an "Advertise Here" page on your blog. Include details of your traffic, a note of any good search engine listings your site has and the main benefits your advertisers would get from advertising with you. A contact form on that page would make it easy for potential advertisers to contact you, should they wish to book a slot or ask for further information.

Good luck with it.

10. houstonVijai

houstonVijai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey facerecpromo,

Let me share you a trick which worked for me when I promoted my websites nrimoneyreallymatters.com which is indian based money website. I used sulekha.com as my platform to promote my website. I was an accomplished blogger at sulekha.com with about 250 blogs 2 years ago and when I started my website I published blogs corresponding to my website and pointed people to my websites. You can do the same and I was able to get lot of traffic.

Try it out and let me know.

11. harrystone00

harrystone00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just visit at your blog. you select great content and looks fabulous. Just keep updating your general talk. If you can add some images between the content its looks good to readers. I know where the gujarat is at india. Its beautiful state. Keep updating all the stuff we would like to be the part of your blog.

12. factoring

factoring
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your blog looks pretty nice aesthetically. Nice pictures too