Can any ecommerce company save my full credit card details even after i request them to remove it?

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by Rakesh Yadav, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Rakesh Yadav

Rakesh Yadav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry for posting so fast but i faced this just recently.

I had this experience with greengeeks.com they saved my full credit card details and are not removing it. The problem with this is that they have saved all the info, many other companies do not save CVV as a preventive measure if something got hacked. This ensures that auto payment will need me to enter CVV manually. I read somewhere that companies can save it but not all the info, even if they can save everything, i think they have to remove it if i request it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. austiinsmiith

austiinsmiith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes! you can request them to remove it and they'll have to comply with your request. As you are aware, it is not safe to have them save your sensitive information. However if something does go wrong you can always hold them responsible for it. However, I think its not worth the hassle. Best have them removed it. We are an UK based IT outsourcing firm StaffIndia, I know for for sure we do not save the card detail, when needed you always ask for it. You'll want your client to feel safe and secure.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-e-comm...re-offering-heavy-discounts-just-for-doing-so