Can a web designer delete files if client don't pay?

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by Rakesh Yadav, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Rakesh Yadav

Rakesh Yadav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I own a web design company and sometimes my client did not pay even after i finish their work. I want to know what can i do legally to stop this from happening in future. Also one time i deleted website from client server, i later i read somewhere that this is illegal. Is it true?

2. ramki

ramki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

no .. if client is not paying means you can Delete the Content From server .. For Hosting Every year client must pay the renewal . if he not pay means them web service provider having full rights to terminate his account and delete the content ... all big web hosting company like rp brothers technologies ,bigrock , godaddy will do the same

3. allcitycleaning

allcitycleaning
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    You can delete if your contract shows that you own the content. Of course if they breached the contract then you own it also. With my house cleaning business I always insist on having a written contract. Otherwise things go sideways.

Julia
    All City Cleaning

#3 allcitycleaning, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  4. Modishfitt

Modishfitt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You must be paid for your hard work. If you are not getting your payments, you can delete files from the client's website and it's not illegal.