Hello, I have two questions, one specific, one slightly open-ended regarding a situation where I have a chunk of money and two choices of what to do with it. Option 1 is invest. Option 2 is buy into an out-of-state small business (retail store). The store is run by someone I trust and have known for 10 years. I'd be buying a 60% share in the store from this person (the other 40% is owned by someone else). First question is what kind of financial planner/lawyer/CPA can I talk to about the pros and cons of buying the business? I'd like to talk to ONE person who has enough expertise in the relevant areas without having to bounce around between a lawyer, a CPA and a financial planner. (I'm in the San Francisco area if you have specific suggestions) As for the open-ended question, I'm looking for advice on this kind of situation. My preliminary math seems to suggest that if the store continues to do as it has in the past, after about 10 years it would be better than investing at a 10% interest rate. Say I have $100,000 to buy into the store or invest and the store would pay me $30,000 per year. If I assume (over-simplified but good for comparison I think) 33% taxation on the business profits as well as on investment returns, I get: Store: $20,000 net profit/year, so in 5 years, I made back the $100,000, in 10 years, that's $200,000 Investing: (assuming non-IRA of course) 10% returns minus 33% tax = 6.6% returns (compounded), so in 5 years $137,653 and in 10 years I have $189,483 (If I stash some of it in an IRA, maybe the investment option looks better? On the other hand, I can also start investing the store profits to bolster that option.) Of course both scenarios have their risks of lesser returns, but is my basic math correct?