Buying followers is right or wrong.

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by James12smith, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

Is it right way to buy followers on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks to get traffic and how does Google react to this kind of activities?

Thanks

James

2. jeremy

jeremy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wrong, because those are not the real fans and follower. Google did not take on number of likes and followers, but they count user engagement. .e.g. number of user share and follow the same post. Social activity is more important then number of fans.

3. anandshah

anandshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also agree with Jeremy. It is not a right approach to buy followers and not acceptable by google.

4. JoanMatilda

JoanMatilda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

buying followers is nothing but adding promoted ads that's it

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I don't understand the correlation here. How does someone add a promoted ad by buying followers? Jeremy has made a good point, buying followers is not a good idea because many of them are not real. But I have never seen a claim that promoted ads are a result of buying followers. How did you come to that conclusion?

6. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Jeremy. Buying followers on any social media sites since they are not real, in fact its easy to create one. Numbers isn't everything but quality is. I am referring to social activity coming from real people who follows you.

7. rkdolla

rkdolla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's wrong way of doing SMO, because those are not the genuine fans and follower.:cool:

8. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also would like to add this thought, why buy followers when you can just get them for free? All you need to do is interact with them a lot. Yeah, it does take a lot of time but you will be sure to have "real" followers who can be a great help in the future.

9. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I definitely wouldn't recommend buying followers on any social network. The point of having a high number of followers, is to convert these into customers. The likelihood is that if you buy followers, they won't care about your brand, so therefore they won't interact, engage or purchase from you. It really isn't worthwhile. You can gain high numbers of followers other ways; by engaging on the network with your existing followers and interacting with influencers in your industry. In terms of Facebook, i would recommend facebook advertising; you can run this for a small cost and make it very targeted so only your relevant demographic are receiving the ads... once they have then liked the page, you know that your 'fans' are people who are more likely to interact with you and turn into customers due to the fact that they are your target demographic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.