Buying content and articles?

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by viviandsouzha, May 25, 2010.

1. viviandsouzha

viviandsouzha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In case of SEO, the content is the strongest impacting factor. But would it be worth buying content? Since there is a limit to how much someone can write, this question would arise even if the best thing to do was to write your own articles and content.

Is there anyone who has received success from buying articles or content? Would anyone recommend going for it? There are many websites that offer some really cheap articles for your website and I have been thinking of it as it could help me out a lot. Does anyone have any advice in this area

2. Doblo7

Doblo7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi - I am not too sure that buying articles would help. I tested out one of those suppliers that writes copy for you and I have to say I wasn't totally, or even moderately impressed. The problem is always going to be cost - you pay peanuts - you get monkeys. In an ideal world you'd get a wonderful article written by someone that cares about the subject but....when you are paying for content it is unlikely that will happen. You'll get a cheap job done by someone just churning out words. Unless you pay really good money for high quality content which is unlikely. Anyone any good isn't likely to be scratching for a living writing web content.
    Maybe you'd be better asking for users to submit their own comments and moderate them. You'll probably get far better articles and for nothing as well.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

viviandsouzha you are correct regarding the importance of content for SEO. Yes, in my opinion it is worth hiring someone to provide you with quality content. After all this is what traditional newspapers and magazines do. It is also what many major news websites and blogs do, in fact some of the major so called personal blogs also hire people to write articles for their site.

It helps to be clear on objectives, for instance are you looking for content to help improve your SEO or do you really want to provide valuable content to your site visitors? I'd suggest that the latter is the best approach.

By the way, you are welcome to advertise for a writer in our Member Ads & Marketplace section, we have some good writers who are members here. The freelance and trading sites listed in our Useful Online Business Resources thread, may also help you.

You might find some useful info in these related threads;
    How much dyou pay for a good rewritten articles?
    Are you using PLR content?
    Has anyone here been successful with article writing online?

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really worth buying contents ore pre-written articles on reputable persons. You should ask first for a sample article to see if his quality is the one you are looking for. And also, see to it that he knows lots of information from the niche you need.

But in my opinion, it is much better to write your own article.This way, you can express your feelings and thoughts to your blog. Plus, it looks more original than having others write for you. Besides, you can be prod of yourself that you are the one who have written it. :thumbsup:

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is in a way worth, especially if this writer knows how seo works and optimize the article itself for better results. they know which keyword to emphasize and and bold in the article, which words are to be underlined and which word are to be linked.