Buying and selling products from China

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by clifborder4fm, Oct 18, 2011.

1. clifborder4fm

clifborder4fm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was wanting to buy products from www.madeinchina.com and resell them. Is this the most direct way for my to buy products from China? Are the sellers on this website from the factories that produce the products? Or are they middlemen just like I am trying to be? I am just trying to buy direct from the factory and I was wondering if this is the closest I can get?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

madeinchina.com is one of the popular website that they claim that they are manufacturer but the fact is the price is about the same if you buy from those china shopping site. And i suggest you check carefully before deal with any of the seller, some of them are scammer, always be careful

3. clifborder4fm

clifborder4fm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok but then there's made-in-china.com which sounds like I am talking straight to the company that manufactures of product while madeinchina.com uses sellers with screen names... I think I will use made-in-china.com, research the companies I would like to do business with and contact them. Unfortunatley I have hundreds of search results for my product...

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a great idea Good luck to you I think this will have success.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I visited both madeinchina.com ans made-in-china.com and they both appear to be the same type of site, not the actual manufacturer. Have you tried Googling your product using the phrase "(product) manufacturer china", of course replacing "(product)" with the actual product?

6. sjzllc00

sjzllc00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

I am based in China doing hats&caps business.
    Actually each country will have sevearl leading B2B websites for companies to do business.
    Made in china is only one of them .
    http://www.made-in-china.com/ This is right webiste .
    http://www.madeinchina.com/ This is wrong.
    In fact ,no matter any webiste, both have trading companies and manufacturers .
    That will ask you to recognize them.
    From my eyes, it is good to find the manufacturer for business men,but the real manufactures have their MOQ ,if your buisness very smaller, the manufacturer will refuse your order. But trading company is a good choice for you. They can help you to find the small manufactures who love smaller order .
    Just you have profit after you imported and your buiness can continue for long time. That is a good deal.
    So i do not agree with all of buiness men should find the real manufacturers.
    1-Find the company who mathed with you;
    2-for long time coopreation is important too.
    3-Big and real manufacturer they do not like small order; you can not get attention.
    4- Smaller manufacturer, they can not speak English, no way to chat with you.
    5-So donot always think how to find factory. Find a reliable and can be coopreated for long time supplier, that is you need to consider.
    That is my opinion.

7. sjzllc00

sjzllc00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also if you find the supplier in made in china. Only the Goden member of that webiste can get your inquiry. The fee of one year at least 8000USD for the golden member . This fee will be added on his product cost. So you could not get the compectitive price compared with the companies who did not be the golden member of made in china.
    Thus no the absolutely good price. Reasonable is good.

8. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both of these sites are of the same genre. Both are trading portals and have listed their available deals. These prices are usually issued by wholesalers and are not factory prices. Although they are at much bargained prices yet dealing directly from a factory would cost even less but you would be required to purchase in huge bulks from a factory.