Buy Office Space vs Rent Office

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by printingray, May 17, 2012.

1. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think that buying an office is a good thing these days and a good investment instead of rent an office.

Give suggestions.

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depend on usage. For new setup office, it is good to rent a office, because no one know how long the business last. Secondly it give a great mobility to move office, upgrade office or setup a new branch.

Usually business owner plan to buy an office, once they have stability in cash flow, client and staff.

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well both of them have an advantage, renting is good if you're business is not in temporary location.

4. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think renting an office can give us greater control over cash flow as rent tend to be fixed while mortgage payment may be affected by mortgage issues and if you are going to buy premises, you'll need to sink some capital in building and may be take out a commercial mortgage as well which may affect the profitability of your business for some time and tends you for borrowings increasing your responsibility to take extra care of premises.

5. alexllever

alexllever
    uix_expand uix_collapse

rent. it's easier to transfer if u grow your company bigger of move to a new zone.

6. ueon

ueon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

renting an office is probably the best way to start off - i think they start at $400/month in canada

7. Moshe Spetner

Moshe Spetner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd say it depends on property taxes. No point buying if you're going to get slammed hard in the taxes area.

8. Samantha Elliot

Samantha Elliot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

During these economic times I would recommend renting an office space. Although I strongly believe that property is one of the safest long term investment options, a business needs to be flexible with regards to short term demands. With the economic market in constant flux, its preferable that you can alter your office space needs in order to minimise expense and to make business operations more efficient. Shared offices offer even more flexibility, as the length of contract as well as office services and equipment can be tailored to suit business needs. For example Instant Offices offer a range of cost efficient and flexible serviced office options.

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it will be good to buy the units if only you have huge flow cash. However, it will be better to rent the unit if you dont have big fund