business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by raosahebjadhav, Oct 13, 2013.

1. raosahebjadhav

raosahebjadhav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I am a Mechanical Engineer , I want to start a business , i have enough money , but i am looking for business, which business is to be started, I have sound knowledge of mechanical engineering field. and also teaching filed . I have no much more contact , for any business what are the basic steps to start the business.Which things are required to develop the business. I have so much confused that may i do the job or start the business . Please suggest.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome raosahebjadhav and thanks for posting your business questions.

Do you plan on leaving your job and starting a full time business, or will you stay in your job and start a part time business?

3. sahilpatel

sahilpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business is best option.

Starting a business involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities.

Use these tools and resources to create a business plan. This written guide will help you map out how you will start and run your business successfully.

4. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Sahilpatel
    Where is the guide you referred to?

5. Richeredmike

Richeredmike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, there are many experienced business men. so I also want to ask a question for starting business.
    what is the importance of the business title (Business Name) ?

6. raosahebjadhav

raosahebjadhav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks

:rolleyes:

7. EUWindowsHost

EUWindowsHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To start a business, you need to have experience and knowledge about the product/services that you want to sell. It is not all about money, but you need to have huge mentality and you're ready to fight as much as possible to get your goal. :)

8. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will suggest you to look for a job that interests you more. Work with an organization and develop your contacts and skills. for becoming a businessman, sales job in mechanical engineering field will be suitable. You can also start with the trading business in the beginning, this sales job will help you to know the buyers in the market. You may also get to know about the other products these vendors keep, related to your field. I suppose, after you are involved with these functions, you yourself will get to know as what to do next. All the very best!

9. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is very important question. Business name is one name that defines the business it does. It is very important to be very selective. may be in future you may add more product line to your existing business and it should align with that.

10. kabirsingh157

kabirsingh157
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since you are good with mechanical and teaching!, what I'd suggest is go to a b2b marketplace like this one. Then register your company over there as a training provider in supply chain or etc. Search for leads in your niche and pitch to them with a good presentation as why education about supply chain is necessary for your company. Market your education. Iy will work. Trust me!

11. Satybarole

Satybarole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HI,
    I think you should start a job then after getting some experience you can start some construction or any related business which one you like.

HSE Engineer LNG

12. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is what I want to say !
    First you need to plan which filed you like most. Then do job and gain lot of experience for that. Then start you business.

13. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello raosahebjadhav,

A mechanical engineering qualification implies that you have a certain skill set that you might be able to encash right away. But know that doing business is different from standing on the workshop floor and supervising people: the idea is much bigger. You need to first and foremost prepare your self for the business of business. Fortunately, there are a number of business and entrepreneurship incubation units run by governments in most countries of the world, perhaps including your country. Such units run programs that groom people who have engineering background into the nitty-gritty of business, beginning with the basic information about how to go about registering one's business with an appropriate local authority. My advice is to sign up for such programs. Do post on this forum for any further guidance.

Sanjay ~corporate Guru

14. kobyparsons

kobyparsons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To start a business, you need to have experience and knowledge about the product/services that you want to sell.