business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by alexparker07, Jul 11, 2013.

1. alexparker07

alexparker07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi....i am Alex parker.
    before two months ago I have started a new business of fruits....but there is not a good profit yet.........!
    could you suggest me the best way of selling it????????????????

alex

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The problem might be in the location where you are selling the fruits. Aren't there customers around (mainly resident around)? Or there is rival around opening a same business around? The best way would be attracting your customers by showing freshness of your fruits. You do know people definitely buy fresh fruits also make some good offers of buying something getting a few of other fruits. Also make some offers or discounts.

3. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

DevilBatista is correct, it could be any of those scenarios. But could you tell us exactly HOW you have been attempting to sell them before?

4. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should know about your competitors also because you are new and your competitors might be there from long time you have to offer your customers with attractive offers.Also what you can add to your business is that you can open a juice center along with your fruit shop.

5. shane

shane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there a need in the market, and can you satisfy it at a reasonable profit? My guess is either your per-unit margins are low, the number of units sold are low, or both. I'm assuming that you have already minimized your costs. Are you selling a lot of fruit but not making good profits, or not selling enough? Also, are you making profits but don't see them due to cash flow requirements in setting up your new business? I assume you had some start-up costs (cart, signs, etc) that you had to pay for to get started - are the expenses you have had to this point the same as what you will see moving forward?

6. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should keep fresh fruits in your stock along with give an extra fruit to lure the customers.Give discounts in the evening time and attend the customers with a smile and jolly behaviour.

7. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Look for other fruit sellers who stands for a long time and are successful. Try to observe what kind of localization they choose etc.

8. contech

contech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

try to look for other place with many possible buyers like in the market, near in the school or beside the road.

9. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Alex,
    I think fruits selling is not your main problems .The issues is where from you get the product if you get the product in low price with good quality you can easily sell these type of product in anyplace and make good profit.
    I don’t think so you need a good place for selling because everyone wants to eat fruits.

10. baba07

baba07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

alexparker07 , I think that, 4 ways you can make lots of profit in fruits business,
    1. Better marketing
    2. Supply quality product
    3. Good relation with local customer
    4 Fiend better business location

• Like Like x 1
  11. businessampm.com

businessampm.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to success in your fruits you must be create effective business ideas and ensure total quality product for sell.

12. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

is to make sure you are selling for a need, a want, a desire, a solution to a problem. If you are not doing that you will forever be looking for customers and struggling to get things sold. Your fruit solution must be offered in such a way that customers actively look for your fruits. The right marketing makes selling superfluous. Also make sure what you are offering, is really what people want.

13. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Another thought is that if the advice I gave you previously is done, then you need to start focusing your attention on your profit drivers. This basically boils down to measuring every bit of outcome, so that you can start tweaking every facet that you identify to improve your sales.

14. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Alex! Nice to know that you are an entrepreneur. I will suggest you for reworking from the selection of fruits for selling, to pricing it and also the location you are selling. Also. after finalizing the fruits, you need to know about the market from where you will get it at the cheapest price so as to maximize your profit. Apart from all this it is also important how are you selling. do you smile while dealing with your customers? Are u friendly with them? Hey, if you are selling at location where other fruit sellers not found, you can increase the price a bit and give a bit more fruit than it actually weights... This will help in creating regular clients. You have not provided any details of how and what exactly you are selling. I also need to understand the market or location you are selling. Work on above mentioned points, it will add a bit to your profit. Hope it helps... :)

15. spyindianishant

spyindianishant
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Before starting any business market analysis is necessary. You also have to see the need and requirement of consumers, which fruit is in demand, how far your shop from their reach etc. Check out all the factors you will be able to know where is the problem and what is the remedy.