Business Update: Windows 7 launch

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by irahat, Oct 22, 2009.

1. irahat

irahat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Microsoft launches Windows 7, its new operating system and its most important rollout in more than a decade.

The $200 system, which has touch-screen features and a less cluttered look, comes 3 years after Vista, a system that failed to ignite much excitement in home users or businesses.

Top earners at seven firms that were bailed out by the U.S. government will see their paychecks and bonuses slashed under a plan by the Obama administration.

The companies affected are: AIG, Bank of America, Citigroup, GM, Chrysler, GMAC, and Chrysler Financial.

The number of people filing first time claims for unemployment benefits rose by 11 thousand last week, signaling the job market is still bumpy.

Hamburgers and french fries are selling fast in troubled times. Strong sales and cost cutting gave a lift to McDonald's earnings. The fast food giant reported a stronger than expected third quarter profit.

AT&T earnings get a boost from the wildly popular iPhone. The company landed a record number of new wireless customers last quarter.

2. Elomelo

Elomelo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows Vista has failed to gain popularity. It has too many bugs. For this lots of people has not yet shifted from Windows XP to Vista. If windows 7 is proved to be user friendly and less annoying, then it will be popular like Windows Xp.

3. Yana91

Yana91
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been using windows 7 beta for 40-50 days now and I love it. Its a lot faster and has less footprint than Vista, plus the visuals are definitely good.

4. bossofptc

bossofptc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am Using Windows Vista from the last 6 months... and its working fine but it a bit complicated... Windows XP is more better than Vista... I'll soon install Windows 7 and then comment more... :D