Business Titles

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jerlene, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For those of you with a registered company, what title do you give yourself? Are you the CEO? Technically speaking, without a board of directors and shareholders you are not entitled to be called a CEO. A business without a board of directors and shareholders wouldn't have a CEO. Do you call yourself one anyway?

For those of you without a registered company but still running a business(a website, etc.), what title do you give yourself? I guess since your business is not registered and it is not an actual company that you can call yourself anything you want.

2. Andi21

Andi21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am owning some web projects and my titels are only admin, business partner or manager. But also CEO is possible. I think this is reaching out for owning and handling a online business.

3. ashimashi

ashimashi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes since I own a business(website). I just call myself my username or just forum owner.

4. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah for my forums I am only the administrator but I used to call myself a CEO when I had an actual business.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm registered as a Sole Trader and generally call myself Proprietor or Owner.

6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you register something as an actual business though?

7. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am thinking of starting a new business in the textile sector and since there will be three partners I would prefer all partners including my self to be termed as directors.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Jerlene, I'm not sure if you are asking me or someone else. Anyway, yes I have registered a business as a Sole Trader. A sole trader is a single person business set up by the owner manager, from a legal point of view it is the simplest form of business structure. The main advantage of being a sole trader is that it is less onerous in terms of reporting and set-up costs, than forming a limited company. The main disadvantage is that you have no legal protection or separation should the business fail because you have unlimited liability.