Business software ideas

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by amico1582, Feb 14, 2012.

1. amico1582

amico1582
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm considering purchasing software for my business, will this be a worth while investment?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of software do you want? You shouldn't buy anything for your business unless you are clear about what you want it to achieve for you.

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on what software are you planning to purchase - and whether that software will be really helping you target and achieve your business goals. Also, try to research first on reviews about the software you are planning to get.

You should get a list of software that you need and compare each of those according to their uses, effectiveness on your business, limits, compatibility with your goals, etc. Knowing this lets you know what is the perfect software that you can use in your business.

4. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business software is always very useful for every business as it saves time, creates efficiency, easy to handle and record keeping.
    So, I think that you have to purchase but 1st compare it with the expected benefit from it.

5. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What software is it? It must be really helpful in your business.

6. amac

amac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Licenses are expensive. If it's convenient and not business critical data (vague term I know), SAAS can be far more economical.

7. farmtotable

farmtotable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I hear business software I think of SQL. SQL comes in a few different flavors (companies) and each has it's benefits and it's draw backs. IMO it would be better to take a class on what ever flavor your looking to use. This gives you the basics on how database works and whats needed for maintaining the database. I would suggest you pay someone to setup you tables, but I would try to put that off for a few months till you know what you want you want it to do.

As long as your starting small it might be worth starting with Access. It easy to use, has great forums, and easy to run reports. The bad part of access is the tables layout is more picky, there is an over all size limit of 2 gigs, and there is a primary key limit of 10 (but will not be much of an issue). It's easy to update from access to what ever flavor of SQL that you chose.

If you don't use something like Access, Quicken, “Business Software”, and ext then you will have to use a second program to manipulate the information within the database. You can use Access and Quicken to manipulate the information in MySQL, and some of the other database programs.

If you do buy software make sure you know what your going to get and they will help. Make sure you know the terms of the “help” and how much it will cost.

8. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also, if you are planning to buy software, be sure to take into account future expansion in relation to costs.

9. amico1582

amico1582
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have had a look around and I am really considering to invest in Sage 50 Accounts, what do people think?

10. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, yes it is worth while. There are dozens of tasks that even a simple, straightforward business needs to do these days, and they all get done on the computer - from ecommerce and inventory control to marketing, accounting, project management, and time tracking, there are literally thousands of combinations of business software systems out there today.

11. mabuti

mabuti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As everyone else has asked, what software are you looking into? A general rule of thumb is the larger the business (Staff and Clients/Products) the more cost-effective it is to invest in more automated/computerized things. Companies with warehouses and lots of product will benefit a lot more from an asset tracking software compared to a small, home based company that could track their assets with an excel spreadsheet or with pen and paper. You know what I mean? It just depends on your situation. If you share a little more with us, we could better advise you. But good luck with the decision and I hope your business continues to grow.

12. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for ecommerce solutions that take your retail business to the next level; you need NicheSuite! With NicheSuite, your business can perform a host of functions. It comes with end-to-end integration. You can reach out to a global market, plus you can simplify your inventory!

try Nichesuite

13. Derrick614

Derrick614
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely worth it, but the software must have the requirements and functions you need (considering also the future plans of your business). It would save both time and effort when you handle your business processes using business management software. Get some reviews and recommendations first before purchasing the licenses, it may be hard and stressful to do the comparisons between software but considering the results and impact your decision will have for your business, this stage is crucial.

14. movingsoftware

movingsoftware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you could have mentioned the business for which you are planning to buy the software then it would have been very easy for us to recommend you some software. However, searching online for software related to your business is the best option.