business search

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nicksen2010, Aug 14, 2010.

1. nicksen2010

nicksen2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends

I have a problem, these days I wanna develop more oversea clients,usually I search with Google ,bing,yahoo search engine.

kinds of our products are castings,stamping and CNC machine parts.

here, if I want to find a related company which may be in need of our products then how should I search with the Key words? e.g : engineering, technology. I know these are good.

who can list more for me? thanks. I'm Chinese and not very good at English. :p

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

nicksen2010 what kind of companies will use your products? What will they produce?

Has your business got a website?

3. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may want to engage with a marketing or PR company in the country you want to get into. They should be able to help you source a local listing either directly or via a list building company. You can also go to some of the credit agencies in the countries and purchase lists from them that also include the credit rating of the company. You can narrow down to a town in a country an industry, no of staff and all other factors.

Drop me a note if you want more information I may know someone who may be able to help.

4. nicksen2010

nicksen2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal, you may know, I asked related questions before. we manufacture wide range of bespoke meta parts which involved in engineering machinery parts, auto parts,agriculture parts and ship parts etc.

this is our website: www.thrivigor.com

Dear seanstevens, thanks for your response .I think you have understood my point. Right here, I really prefer industry company directory a lot as well as credit agencies.But my problem is I don't know how to find out this data on the net exactly.usually, we have different culture I can not understand western people's key words.if the words are in front of me, i can read and get to known.

so , the more key words whatever industry,machinery,tech,metalwork etc. you can list for me the better.:p

thank you.

Nicksen

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes but what kind of businesses are actually buying your products? What industries are they in?

It's not currently opening for me, hopefully it's a temporary problem.

6. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is your target audience/country?

Doing this type of research yourself and individually is going to take a long time.

7. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It opened for me, Fergal, although it's not clear from the site specifically what types of businesses are involved. The About Us page description is too general. Here's the crux of it:

http://www.thrivigor.com/about.html

nicksen2010, I think you should see about revising the About Us page for that very reason: it's too general.

Ship parts for example is a very broad category. Do you make steel panels? Rivets? Navigation equipment? Rudders? Engines? We can't tell and no client is going to spend time searching your products pages to find out.

The descriptions of what you can supply to each industry have to be far more detailed if you want the search engines to pick them up. You need subsections within the About Us for farm machinery, ships, etc with a bullet list of the top twenty best selling items at the very least. No major shipbuilding company will search "ship parts."

I agree with seanstevens, you need outside help on this and compiling a list of potential clients. This is too large a job to tackle without professional help.