Business relocation advice / grant?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Mr Hayward, Sep 6, 2010.

  1. Mr Hayward

    Mr Hayward
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    New Member

    Sep 6, 2010
    Likes Received:

    I have been self employed for 20 years & have worked from the same rented office/workshop in a central London borough for 18 years.

    The building was sold earlier this year & the new landlord is keen to re-develope it & have vacant occupation.

    Could anyone tell me what I could expect in regards to compensation for relocating my business?

    Is there a statutory minimum payment?

    Grants from my Local Authority?

    Thank you in advance

    M. Hayward
  2. Fergal

    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

    Nov 18, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Welcome to Business Advice Forum Mr Hayward, and thanks for asking your business questions.

    When you are leasing a property for a long period of time you do accrue rights to renew that lease and to not be forced out of the premises. Property law can be quite complex and you really should seek professional legal advice on this issue, preferably from a solicitor with a lot of experience in conveyancing and property law. Do you have a solicitor or know of any solicitors with that type of experience?

    In the meantime I'd suggest that you don't agree with anything the landlord proposes or sign any documents / letters in relation to the tenancy, until you have spoken to a legal professional.

    Good luck with it and please do keep us updated as to how it works out.

Share This Page