Business Questions for My Business Class

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by tyhollin, Mar 6, 2012.

1. tyhollin

tyhollin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have an assignment for my business class that requires me to ask a business owner some interview questions. The problem is I can't get a hold of any of the business owners that I know for questioning. I would like some help. If you are a business owner I have a few general questions for you that would help me out greatly. They are not personal or incriminating questions just general ones. I will list them below and if you don't mind answering them please email them to me at tyhollin at yaho. The only reason I ask that you email them to me is because my school references the internet for plagiarism and posting it on a public forum may cause my similarity score to be high.

Business profile. Interview the business owner, and ask the following questions:
    What size is your business? How many employees are there? (If possible, the owner may share revenue base.)
    How long did it take you to make a profit?
    Why did you decide to go into business for yourself? How many years have you been in business?
    What is the main product or service that you sell?
    Who was your first client?
    Who are your customers?
    You may ask other questions you want to ask related to the business profile.

Owner profile. Now, interview the business owner to find out more about his or her personality. Ask questions that will help you develop a personal profile about him or her. The following are a few questions to consider beginning with:
    Do you enjoy working for yourself? Why?
    What are 2 advantages of owning your own business?
    What are 2 disadvantages of owning your own business?
    How did you prepare for your business? Did you receive specific training or a degree?
    How do you stay current with innovations and technologies in your industry and for your business?

Any help is so appreciated. Thank you

2. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've wrapped both of the answer segments in CODE blocks so you won't get penalized for plagiarism. Let me know if you need more specific answers.

Code:
    What size is your business? How many employees are there?
    2 employees.

How long did it take you to make a profit?
    A couple months.

Why did you decide to go into business for yourself? How many years have you been in business?
    Increased control and profitability. Less than a year.

What is the main product or service that you sell?
    Internet advertising management.

Who was your first client?
    My own company.

Who are your customers?
    People in need of Google AdWords campaign management services.
    Code:
    Do you enjoy working for yourself? Why?
    Yes. Increased control over the direction of the company as well as increased personal profits.

What are 2 advantages of owning your own business?
    Ease of decision-making. 
    Flexibility.

What are 2 disadvantages of owning your own business?
    Personal liability; if you mess up, it's mostly on you.
    Increased responsibility.

How did you prepare for your business? Did you receive specific training or a degree?
    The Internet. We've received multiple training certificates as well. It's important to remain certified if you want to stand out.

How do you stay current with innovations and technologies in your industry and for your business?
    The learning never stops. We continually read search engine advertising blogs and publications on a regular basis to stay on top of developing trends in technology.

• Like Like x 1