Business question with a twist - what would you do?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by greenflag, Sep 26, 2013.

?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

1. DON'T TAKE CHANCES, STAY AT CURRENT JOB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. TAKE THE NEW JOB AND HOPE FOR THE BEST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. TAKE THE NEW JOB AND BUY THE BEST INSURANCE COVER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SO WHAT IF PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE MS, I'M TAKING THE JOB AS LONG AS I CAN DO IT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. greenflag

greenflag
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All

I wanted to conduct this poll to get an idea of what you would do in this scenario.

You have a medical condition (MS) and your current work environment accommodates your condition, but not so many people know that you have a medical condition.

But now you've been offered a high profile job, pretty good pay, relatively stressful, be a lot on the road but this will expose to everyone that you have MS. Although it pays well, they are not offering health benefits with the job. One major relapse will likely mean quitting the job.

So what would you do?

1) DON'T TAKE CHANCES, STAY AT CURRENT JOB
    2) TAKE THE NEW JOB AND HOPE FOR THE BEST
    3) TAKE THE NEW JOB AND BUY THE BEST INSURANCE COVER
    4) SO WHAT IF PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE MS, I'M TAKING THE JOB AS LONG AS I CAN DO IT.

2. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Greenflag. If you had said the job offers health benefits, I would have said go for it, if you think you would love it. I studied Occupational Therapy so I would be the last one to allow disability or any condition to stand in the way of following dreams or hearts desire. But from this post and your other post you don't really sound excited about it. You don't want the new job to be a struggle and hate it, do you? If it was a struggle, but you loved it, yes, then go follow your heart...
    Having a medical condition, in my opinion though is not a reason not to do something. And what's bad about exposing people to MS, or any medical condition for that matter. Nothing like that in my opinion should hold you back in following your dreams. Everything, how well you perform in the job, work with new people, any result that you obtain, hinges on your mindset, your attitude, your communication, your openness and likability.
    You asked what I would do in this scenario...I'd develop a plan B of what I really want in my life...

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

greenflag: Personally, I would change the job as there is better payment and health facilities in the new job. It's human nature to find the best thing for himself. I don't think people are happy to compromise.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

greenflag I'd suggest that you seek professional medical advice and ask for your doctor's opinion as to whether or not you should take the job, is that something you have done?

• Like Like x 1