Business Planning

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Matt, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When planning for your business, what steps did you take to insure that the business would be successful?

2. boutcher

boutcher
    uix_expand uix_collapse

while the focus of a business plan is usually on a particular product, service or program. There are a variety of perspectives, models and approaches used in strategic planning. The way that a strategic plan is developed depends on the nature of the organization's leadership, culture of the organization, complexity of the organization's environment, size of the organization and expertise of planners.

3. GeeOne

GeeOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IMO for starting any business the first and foremost thing is the project, which must good and and importantly viable..

G!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Matt I always try to keep the plan as honest and as realistic as possible and only set targets that the business can actually reach. You can find links to some great business plan templates in the "Business Plan Templates" section of our Useful Business Resources / Links thread.

Edit: Whilst I believe that writing a business plan is very beneficial for your business, I feel that it is worth noting that the way in which the plan is implemented will be the most important fact in the success of the business. Even an excellent plan, will not help the business, if it isn't implemented.

#4 Fergal, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  5. gizmo3653

gizmo3653
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A business plan is a formal statement of a set of business goals, the reasons why they are believed attainable, and the plan for reaching those goals.